how to give proper weight/encumberance to my character?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

osheao

Does anyone have some good tables or charts or advice for some decent standards that can used for each race and gender and classification, as far as, weight allowance is concerned?

this is probably the hardest function i have to get right. i always end up cheating or stretching my rules.

i can get the slots allowed right, but, total weight allowance is something i end up never setting in stone, for one reason or the other.

i seem to allow 'cheating' regardles.

i'm not talking roleplaying guidelines, but, hard weight allowance guidelines. if i make them up myself i'll end up changing the rules, lol.

ShadowGambit

Race and gender don't affect weight allowance.

All character that starts will 100 stamina will have 300 carrying capacity. After that is +5 for every 10pt in stamina you have. Some perks, like extra pockets, add another 100 to your carrying capacity. Same as the Steed Stone.

The Light Armor/Heavy Armor trees have perks that will take the weight of your armor to 0 when you wear it.

If you want gender and race to affect your carry wight capacity, either use the console (for PC) or roleplay it.

osheao

my bad shadow-

i meant, for strict rping reasons, what are some absolutely great ways you guys get around the non-hardcore mode?

the weight allowance totals are my personal worst. i have the hardest time not cheating on my own rules due to the lack of solidity.

i can fake it and roleplay around it, but, it won't stick. i need an outside source, for some friggin reason.

ShadowGambit

if it is for RP reason, Then I will rescale the game a little like this:

Each race will start with a bonus malus of +20,+10,-10,-20 in either Magicka, Health or Stamina, for a total of 0. For example, I would have Altmer go +20 magicka, -10 Health, -10 Stamina

Male will get +10 Stamina but -10 magicka. Female would get the opposite.

the malus on stamina will then affect your carrying capacity. Not much, but a little still.

If you are on PC, then you can recalibrate that with your console. But the Starting base for you should be 130 instead of 100.

That way your attributes will go from 100 minimum to 160 maximum at the start. Not sure you can go under 100 though. If you can then, you should recalibrate from 70 to 130.

osheao

right now, i'm on the xbox.
does anybody with great TES lore have the ability to add dice rolls to their ideas?

i'd love a character sheet DiD-type play where you roll and play it out.

lol, i just thought about the greatness that could be TES online.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts