How to Earn Money

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I did all of my hunting and mining around Whiterun in an ever increasing circle until I had no space left to carry anything. There are plenty of deer, elk, wolves & foxes out there.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
One of the most simple ways to keep a steady stream of income coming in on the side is to get the transmute spell early on and to purchase iron ore from every merchant you visit.

The transmute spell will change iron ore to silver ore the first time it is cast, and then the silver ore to gold ore the second time it is cast.

Take your gold ore to a blacksmith with a smelter to turn it into gold ingots, then use the blacksmith forge to turn each gold ingot into 2 gold rings. Once you have a fair amount of gold rings find a local beggar and give them a gold coin which will give you the blessing Gift of Charity, increasing your speech skill so you can get a better selling price for your items. Gift of Charity lasts 1 hour of real time which is more than enough time to go to a merchant that buys jewelry to sell all your gold rings.

This also has the side benefit of increasing your smithing when you make the rings. Smithing is a core skill for most players as it enables you to significantly improve your weapons and armor.

NEVER sell jewels/semi-precious stones on their own. When you use them to make jewelry at the blacksmith forge with your gold or silver ingots, the return on value when you sell them is significantly better and, again, it increases your smithing skill.

Wanderer

Don't forget to enchant everything you can. Rings, weapons, armor sell for more coin with an enchantment and a petty soul. Just use "soul trap" while you are collecting hides.

Dagmar

Don't forget to enchant everything you can. Rings, weapons, armor sell for more coin with an enchantment and a petty soul. Just use "soul trap" while you are collecting hides.
Good as a general rule but, for new characters, enchanting items before selling them isn't very practical since empty petty soul gems aren't that common in the merchant item tables for merchants that stock them. Also the return on investment for purchasing petty soul gems to enchant items is not great for new players with low speech skills. I haven't tested it but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a net loss.

On top of that casting soul trap before killing elk, deer, foxes and rabbits is a PITA, as they can often keep ahead of you until the spell wears off (especially deer and elk).

Wanderer

Kind of difficult for an early player to get the transmute spell too. Soul trap on a bow is my preferred method of soul gathering, but you would need to find/buy the enchantment before you could put it on your bow. If you are too low to be able to collect souls go collect the alchemy agents and make some potions. ROI and cash to weigh ratio is great with potions and ingredients.

A.Castaneda

Get the transmute alteration spell, it turns iron ore into silver and then into gold ore, smelt it and make jewelry. You level two skills and make cash.

Elvus

When you go giant hunting you just have to have a strategy,its almost impossible at low levels without all 3 unrelenting force words since it knocks the giants on their ass easily. It can be a challenge but thats why its so fun:).

Dagmar

Kind of difficult for an early player to get the transmute spell
How is doing any one of the easier quests readily available to early players that takes them directly to the place where it can be looted difficult? :confused:

brett

What i did was...

- walked to riverwood, talked to gurdue and hit up the trader to sell and got the quest and some spells for my battlemage. I did the quest after doin the fendel quest to pick him up as a companion. I think east of riverwood there is a shack with an old woman. I killed her and used her house for storage and from here i used fendel to carry absolutely everything .

- after the quest i head to whiterun talk to jarl and do that quest and slay the dragon. Get the shout. Now i hit up alot of caves as im doingthe companion quest. I turn into a werewolf and kill about three ppl, one being balthozar the trader. I didnt releaze till the next day it was him which sux i used him alot.

- now i have one set of flawless elven armor with flawless duel dagz, bow, shield, and sword. Next i bought a house and the bedroom upgrade. I had a large amount of quest on inventory now and i pick one and do them hitting up everything cave dungeons dragons orcs bears ghost bandits vampires trollz giants and mammoths.

- now i find my lvl 23 high helf battlemage with veryfast duel daggers and destruction with some healing. Also use stoneflesh and all the spells in this school bc it it cames in handy in a crowded area with my shield and sword. Also fendel my npc is fully loaded with elven armor and weapons.

- next. Save for some grand gems and get some major enchanting on my elven armor and then my glass armor and weapons and my light dragon armor. Me and my npcs will have kickass armor. Its been fun. And look forward for somemmore stuff.

brett

Oh and also... A dragon attacked whiterun and killed both of warmaidens merchants. Im so mad and would like to know if they might respawn or what? Im on 360...

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
What i did was...

- walked to riverwood, talked to gurdue and hit up the trader to sell and got the quest and some spells for my battlemage. I did the quest after doin the fendel quest to pick him up as a companion. I think east of riverwood there is a shack with an old woman. I killed her and used her house for storage and from here i used fendel to carry absolutely everything .

- after the quest i head to whiterun talk to jarl and do that quest and slay the dragon. Get the shout. Now i hit up alot of caves as im doingthe companion quest. I turn into a werewolf and kill about three ppl, one being balthozar the trader. I didnt releaze till the next day it was him which sux i used him alot.

- now i have one set of flawless elven armor with flawless duel dagz, bow, shield, and sword. Next i bought a house and the bedroom upgrade. I had a large amount of quest on inventory now and i pick one and do them hitting up everything cave dungeons dragons orcs bears ghost bandits vampires trollz giants and mammoths.

- now i find my lvl 23 high helf battlemage with veryfast duel daggers and destruction with some healing. Also use stoneflesh and all the spells in this school bc it it cames in handy in a crowded area with my shield and sword. Also fendel my npc is fully loaded with elven armor and weapons.

- next. Save for some grand gems and get some major enchanting on my elven armor and then my glass armor and weapons and my light dragon armor. Me and my npcs will have kickass armor. Its been fun. And look forward for somemmore stuff.

Presumably, since you're a battlemage, you're a warrior first and mage second? Do you use many destruction spells?

Aryan Gb Kumar

I will assure you an easy and LEGAL(No Cheating) method of earning gold quickly.
First, play the storyline till you can get to Dragonsreach where a guy with hood sells soul gems.
Then, buy all the empty petty and lesser gems(Or as much as you can afford)
Also buy the Soul trap spellbook from the same man.(Its the key to gold)
Then you should Buy some pickaxes or daggers (as they are cheap).
Now, go hunting for wolves, or any easy animal to deal with.Cast soul trap before killing them to capture their souls(As much soul gems you have).When done, go back to dragonsreach and use the arcane enchanter to Disenchant anything you have and then, making all those pickaxes and Daggers enchanted.
Now as you can see, Value of those items are much more than they were before.So, sell them and buy more empty soul gems.Repeat as necessary.

Like this when you are rich. ;)

*Note* - Some good enchants on the arcane enchanter are - Banish,Stamina damage,Undead Level up.You can buy some weapons with these enchants and then disenchant them.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts