How should i enchant my new bow?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SkinnedLikeScum

Dragon Slayer
I'm going to build my first really powerful bow soon out if ebony (with smithing potions, alchemy potions, the whole 9 yards) and I was wondering how I should enchant it, I was thinking ice because it slows things down but i'm not so sure, I also want the other enchantment to be soul trap (unless something is absolutely necessary), used with the star of azura to make it basically infinite. Also not fire, I don't like red, that's why its not a daedric bow. I'm also going to be calling the bow Deathknell, most likely.

Ice and Shock with out a doubt, Ice to slow down warriors, shock to drain those mages, fire is just extra damage but really not needed, A strong end game archer can reach 600point damage, plus adding sneak multipliers that fire damage wont mean jack. Just have a alternate weapon for soultrap always.

mellojoe

If you use the Firey Soul Trap (which is great, btw), set the soul trap duration to very low like 1 second. Since you will be usually dealing the death blow anyway, you don't need a long duration. This means the enchantment won't need to be refreshed very often, saving those soul gems for items and other important money-making things. Wasting them on recharging weapons annoys me.

Ned

Nerevarine
For a bow, I would go shock and frost, and save soul trap for a secondary weapon specifically for trapping souls as needed.

As other said, frost to slow them down, and shock to drain magic.

The Fallen Hero

Master Assassin; Hybrid
For a bow, I would go shock and frost, and save soul trap for a secondary weapon specifically for trapping souls as needed.

As other said, frost to slow them down, and shock to drain magic.
How do I put two enchants on my bow?

Ned

Nerevarine
How do I put two enchants on my bow?
You will need to level enchanting all the way to 100, and then invest in the lvl 100 perk that allows you to dual enchant items and weapons. I highly recommend moving up the center column of the enchanting tree, as the pure stat boosting perks are much more beneficial than the elemental perks. I would ignore the right branch altogether.

Hope that makes sense.

Tiger_Wolff

Haven't played on master yet. Reading online last night on other sites. The frost/shock bow with power shot perk, appeals to me. Think later I'll jump on my other toon, wood elf archer, make two daedric bows for tests on master difficulty. Go to The Reach, and find a big group of forsworn and test the bows out.

redrkt

Premium Member
If you use the Firey Soul Trap (which is great, btw), set the soul trap duration to very low like 1 second. Since you will be usually dealing the death blow anyway, you don't need a long duration. This means the enchantment won't need to be refreshed very often, saving those soul gems for items and other important money-making things. Wasting them on recharging weapons annoys me.
What you can't find enough soul gems to use??? I have so many now that I have to store most of them at one of my homes because I don't want the carry weight.

Also just built me a new Glass Bow (Legendary) with Fiery Soul Trap and Fire damage. I called it Firestarter and it is a blast to watch Draugr's go up in smoke when they get hit with it.

mellojoe

I'd like to try Paralyze on my next bow, I think. I've hesitated in making a pure archer character simply because it seems like you would need a way to do crowd control or keep backpedaling all day long. Paralyze would at least let you keep distance between you and the target.

Good idea or not?

Tiger_Wolff

Got the firey soul trap on my new assassins bow and dagger. For mid level awesome. Just got to grind her restoration now before making her a vamp :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts