• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

skyrimaddict1323

Dovahkiin1323
Alright, so i play on 360 now, but i'm DYING for mods. My dad's pro with building computers, and i have the funds for the build. All i need to know is what kind of numbers will i need to run the game and any mods i deem "necessary" smoothly, on highest performance settings. I want the graphics as good and smooth as possible.

Can anyone help me?

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
Aye! I'm kinda in the same boat. I'm trying this config with cyberpower. Will be ordering monday but I'll be talking with them about this configurations capacity for mods. I don't think the mods will take that much to run, but I could be wrong. You might want to ask Texaz2008. He helped me out a lot. And Dagmar would surely know how the mods would interact with the system. In my config, I'm going with the AMD Radeon 7970 which is the newest and best reviewed, but I've also heard a lot about the Nvidia GeForce being best, so you may want to compare the two cards. I'm thinking of adding an Nvidia as a second card, but I'm still not sure if it makes sense to have two different cards.

Product Name: Gamer Infinity 8800 Pro

Price: $2,207.00

*BASE_PRICE:[+1299]

BLUETOOTH:None

CARE1:Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]

CARE2:CoolerMaster Thermal Fusion 400 Extreme Performance CPU - Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation [+10]

CARE3:professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]

CAS:Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 Full Tower Gaming Case W/ Side Panel Window [+91]

CASUPGRADE:Flexible LED Interior Light Strip [+19] (Red Color)

CD:24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

CD2:None

COOLANT:Standard Coolant

CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-2700K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)

CS_FAN:Maximum 120MM Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+15] (Blue Color)

ENGRAVING:None

ENGRAVING_MSG:

FA_HDD:Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System [+21] (1 x System)

FAN:Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)

FLASHMEDIA:INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)

FREEBIE_CS:None

GLASSES:None

HDD:2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

HDD2:500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+94] (Single Hard Drive)

IEEE_CARD:None

IUSB:Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

KEYBOARD:Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard

MB_SRT:None

MEMORY:8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Kingston HyperX)

MONITOR:27" Widescreen 1920x1080 Asus VE276Q LCD Display w/ Built-in Speaker, DVI, & HDMI-Input [+339]

MONITOR2:None

MONITOR3:None

MOTHERBOARD:* [CrossFireX] Asus P8Z68-V LX Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard LucidLogix Virtu and Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID,2 3 PCIe Gen2, 2 PCIe X1 & 2 3CI (All Venom OC Certified)

MOUSE:XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse

NCSW:None

NETWORK:Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

NOISEREDUCE1:Sound Absorbing Foam on Side, Top And Bottom panels [+29]

NOISEREDUCE2:Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts [+9]

OVERCLOCK:Extreme OC (Extreme Overclock 20% or more) [+49]

POWERSUPPLY:700 Watts - Standard Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready

RUSH:NO; READY TO SHIP IN 10~15 BUSINESS DAYS

SERVICE:STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

SOFT1:Free Microsoft® Office® 2010 STARTER EDITION (Reduced-Functionality versions of Word and Excel that include advertising) [+0]

SOUND:HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

SPEAKERS:None

TEMP:None

TUNING:None

TVRC:None

UPS1:OPTI-UPS VS575CB 575VA/345W Uninterruptible Power Supply [+46]

USB:pPA External Combo USB 2.0 Hub & Card Reader/Writer [+20]

USBFLASH:None

USBHD:None

USBX:NZXT Internal USB 6-PORT Expansion Module [+19]

VIDEO:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

VIDEO2:AMD Radeon HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [+109] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

VIDEO3:None

WNC:None

_PRICE:sadface:+2207)

_view_:{2343FBC9-BDFA-44DF-9807-F0189FC1122D}

_load_:2/18/2012 1:45:27 PM

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
Suddenly, a mammoth with the face of Ronald Reagan falls from the sky. He peppers your knees with arrows fired from his nose before giving birth to a giant which kicks the universe in the face. This causes Aldiun, covered in caramel, to appear and renounce Christianity, before turning the pope into a transformer.
http://www.youtuberepeat.com/watch/?v=N7KfnENoa64
THIS IS HOW MUCH COMPUTER YOU NEED!
Whahhhhht? That was one glitchy video about nothing. Was that supposed to be a promotional thing?

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
What feature? I don't get it. All I got from it was a cartoon face and a "4 chan" image. How does it pertain to PC performance?

iLouis

Psst...I know who you are. Hail Sithis!

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
Yeah, I know that. New member, with an inordinate amount of completely insane rants. I just played along to defuse it. Don't want to break his fragile psyche. Or maybe he just escaped from an asylum. Best not to provoke the mentally ill trolls. Seriously, that was some very weird stuff. Would have reported, but he moved on. If that was a "trollover", it was pretty weak, though. But amusing:D

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I spam cleaned his posts. There were duplicates everywhere. I did not ban him, however, so if he would like to contribute meaningfully, he is still free to do so.

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
I spam cleaned his posts. There were duplicates everywhere. I did not ban him, however, so if he would like to contribute meaningfully, he is still free to do so.
Thanks, I didn't know he was posting dupes everywhere. I checked to see, but his profile only showed those. If I see this kind of stuff again, I'll just go ahead and report it. Figured he just moved on elsewhere to "trollover" another site.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Thanks, I didn't know he was posting dupes everywhere. I checked to see, but his profile only showed those. If I see this kind of stuff again, I'll just go ahead and report it. Figured he just moved on elsewhere to "trollover" another site.

I would greatly appreciate the use of the 'report' feature. I do try and read as many threads as possible but I know some things slip my notice. The reports put a nice blaring orange alert at the top of my screen so I can deal with them right away.

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
Good. I'll do that if I see it. At first, I really wasn't quite sure what to make of it and gave him the benefit of the doubt that perhaps he posted the wrong link. But then he just disappeared right after my last comment, when I figured he was "trollin". Lol, he probably read my last comment to him and thought "what?".

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Well, another important thing to note is that I don't share who reports posts. I also don't just insta-ban anyone unless it's so over-the-top that it's unavoidable. I look at the reports individually and decide case by case. Sometimes I disagree with the report and I make sure to start a conversation so people understand the method behind my madness. The report feature is very under-utilized here and I don't want people to be shy about it.

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
Yeah, that's good to know, because that did cross my mind when I was contemplating whether to report it. It's good that you give them the benefit of the doubt though and not just auto-ban.

BTW, there's like over 1k members here, right? How often does this kinda stuff happen? If this stuff happens, it's usually going to be a brand new member. I wonder if there is a way to implement some sort of algorithm that tracks a new member post for key words that would send up a big red flag.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
We have about 6,500 members at this time. And really, this stuff happens rarely. I'm not sure about scripting stuff to flag posts. I definitely wouldn't want anything to alienate new members.

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
Good point. Yikes! 6,500 members?!? That is pretty impressive, and even more-so that the community runs so smoothly, too.

Or, simplify it a bit.

tinyurl.com/falconguide

CreationKit

Don't buy an ibuypower or Cyberpower pc, same company, same crap garbage components.

Build your own computer buying parts off Newegg (or a local pc store with good prices such as Fryes) - You can spend under $1,000 and run Skyrim on all high at 1920x1080. Main things you need is a GOOD graphics card, processor, RAM, and PSU to power it all.

Processor: i5-2500k, or basically any i7 will work - the i5-2500k is about $199ish or lower
Graphics Card: Radeon HD 6950, Nvidia GTX 560 TI - those 2 are very popular (were the best of the best a two years ago or so) and still are very powerful. The both run for around $200 - 260 - if you dont want to spend that much you could go for a RAdeon HD 6870 or something that is about $100 less, and can still run the game really damn well.
RAM: At least 8GB ram, no less, no more
PSU: At least 650+watts will be needed, especially if your getting a good graphics card

Then you need other components, motherboard, cd drivers, etc. Good luck!

^^
Yes, this

I did the exact same thing and it runs skyrim perfectly.

My PC cost abut $800, and it's going to take a while for a game to come out that you can't run on Ultra settings with about 60 fps.

With the exception of Crysis 2 of course >.< that runs at about 30.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts