how much freedom do you have in heartfire ?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Locks066

So i hear about it and i try looking online for the answer to my question. But everytime nothing...... So i have played minecraft and i liked building the houses. But compared to minecraft how much freedom does heartfire offer in building your home your way ? Can you do what you want in every room or is it the same as buying any other home and buying the furnishings for every room.

ShadowHunter

I never played Minecraft, but you get a fair amount of freedom. You can make tons of different furnishings, you can also hire a steward that can furnish rooms for you. I have been building Lakeview Manor and am enjoying it so far.

Considering purchasing this add-on today for PS3, price isn't too bad.
I think I'll watch some youtube videos first though to decide, id suggest that to you as well.

Nighthiker77

The only custom options you really have are what kind of wings you add. Everything else you can choose to add or not add, but there is only that one particular choice in one particular place. Some rooms have duplicate options, like 2 chests, where you can put one on the left/right /both, but it's really only 2 choices, left chest yes or no and right chest yes or no. It is still pretty cool though.

Locks066

I'm more worried along the lines of not getting what i want from it.... I want to be able to build a pretty good sized armory with lots of manikans and weapon holders for example is that possible ?

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
there is an Armory wing with 5 mannequins and quite a few weapon racks. (2 that hold 5 weapons and 2 that hold 2 weapons and a shield.) There's also a couple of display cases.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
There will be enough weapon racks and mannequins for you, they aren't just isolated to the armory itself. In the end, you'll have enough weapons in your house to fight a small war in your front yard.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
which will happen from time to time as Bandits,giants,wolves and Vampires/Dawnguard will be waiting outside your house. Their primary target seems to be the cow though, you just so happen to be in the way.

and in my opinion the new housecarls are almost worth the cost of the DLC on their own, Valdimar is a beast.

annelid

Noob
If you're comparing it to Minecraft then you're starting out wrong. It's nothing like that. You don't build the house you want. You choose from the options available to customize a house to your taste, but your choices are limited. The houses are pretty good - and I'm enjoying fiddling with mine, but nothing like full customization to get as many weapon racks, mannequins etc. as you want.

The only way to do that is with mods.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts