How much do you prefer to be in VL form?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kage

Now, as most people in the Werewolves thread probably know by now, I'm big on the VL. I think it's great and everything. However, I don't actually like to spend a lot of time in it.

I spent enough time in it to max it out, and now I only bring it out when something pisses me off enough to do so. So, my question to you good people is quit simple: How much time do you sped in VL form, and do you prefer it over your regular form?

The Illusive Man

The Founder of Cerberus
I often utilize it whenever there are are no important NPC's around, and for covering ground quickly. I love the fact that you can just keep bombarding your foe with blood biting spells. After the fight, I'll revert and check for loot.
If the fight proves to be a little more than what my human form can take, I'll change myself, and therefore my tactics. I only wish you could have many more spells besides the small few you get.

Kage

I actually find that the spell arsenal is a good size. I can do a number of things with it. More is always awesome, but the few there make for an interesting show.

The Illusive Man

The Founder of Cerberus
What do you think of their design? I personally don't find it very unique. I think someone had copied a little too much of Marcus from Underworld: Evolution.

Kage

I have to agree. In fact, I think it's a huge copy. However, you must realize that Vampire Folklore is vast, it's huge and has dated as far back as anyone can remember. It's touched nearly every culture on Earth, so it may not be original,, bnut originality is hard when something has that much roots, planted that deep. I think it was kind of a "meh" thing. Not all that great, but not terrible either.

Tman2177

I have to agree. In fact, I think it's a huge copy. However, you must realize that Vampire Folklore is vast, it's huge and has dated as far back as anyone can remember. It's touched nearly every culture on Earth, so it may not be original,, bnut originality is hard when something has that much roots, planted that deep. I think it was kind of a "meh" thing. Not all that great, but not terrible either.
I agree, while it's still cool, there are some baseline things that are so deep in folklore that had to be implemented into the game to make it accurate. I actually find the vampire lord form to be quite weak (at least mine is.) The vampire drain spell doesnt deal much damage and while fighting tough foes such as bandit marauders or vampire nightstalkers, especially ones with bows or staggering weapons/shields they can do a lot of damage quite quickly. But I still find it to be cool and the problem that i have is Serana kills the enemies before I get a chance to finish them off with the bite attack or the vampire drain power.

The Illusive Man

The Founder of Cerberus
Yes, the "bite" attack. How do you do it? I have all of the perks unlocked. (Xbox360 gamer here)

Tman2177

Honestly, I'm not quite sure how to do it myself. I've only done it by accident a few times. But what I think you need to do is wait until the enemy is low on health, a little less than 25% of their life left, then power attack with the left trigger while within close proximity to the target. Again, I don't really know how to do it, that is just how I think you do it. If you find the answer, please post it here.

Valyn

I use the vamp lord when I know I'm going to die, because then I can just switch forms and destroy everything in my path, even though I've only unlocked like 3 perks. The blood magic is awesome, and once you get poison talons, you can become a formidable opponent on ground.

Zexks

Not a big fan. It's nice for running quickly overworld or occasionally throwing something off a cliff, but other than that, the drain spell is to small and slow to do any serious damage. Haven't had a chance to use the mist yet, seems like it would be cool for jumping off mountains, but without knowing how much you regen for it's duration I can't say personally if it would be helpful or not. The running and flying over water parts though are quite nice, the combat not so much for me as yet, I die more often than not in VL form, and almost always end up in the safety of my armor.

Tman2177

Not a big fan. It's nice for running quickly overworld or occasionally throwing something off a cliff, but other than that, the drain spell is to small and slow to do any serious damage. Haven't had a chance to use the mist yet, seems like it would be cool for jumping off mountains, but without knowing how much you regen for it's duration I can't say personally if it would be helpful or not. The running and flying over water parts though are quite nice, the combat not so much for me as yet, I die more often than not in VL form, and almost always end up in the safety of my armor.
Agreed. But, once you get some perks unlocked and grow in power, it becomes a little more useful. I have used the mist form, it is cool, but nothing special. The top of the vampire lord form, the perk with the bats that feed on enemies within melee range, is quite useful because they inflict some damage.

Tman2177

when they're low on health, simply do a power attack with claws (Hold r trigger OR l trigger -- NOT BOTH) and you'll do the bite]
Thanks for the info. I've been wondering how to do the bite attack since i became a vampire lord when i downloaded the expansion.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts