How many times have you started over with a new characters and played through?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

skydawg

I've probably created 4-5 characters and played through most of the content with each of them. I've tried in vain to find another game that has as much to do and is much fun but for me there just isn't that compares to it. So after a long break I'm thinking about starting a new character again. I wish there was something that could take it's place but there just isn't, but I don't think I would be bored giving it another play through now that I've given it a break. How many times have you done this?

JoeReese

I've done it about 8 times, and it does get "old" a little quicker each time, but it's still much more fun to me at lower levels. I suppose the next thing I'll try is RPing a little, force myself not to use certain weapons or magic or something, just to make it a little more fun. I may try dead is dead for a change. Of course, I'll fall off a cliff or something at level 1, but hey.

MadHatter

Guy with a cool hat.
I've only ever played through the main questlines once.... I've started multiple characters since 2011 and have finished some guild questlines with a few of them but only 1 has ever defeated Alduin. 2 have ended the volkihar and 1 (same as the one to beat alduin) has defeated miraak. I started a new character last week.. I think character #300 something. He looks promising but only god knows how thats gonna turn out.

LuChao

The Martial artist
lost count only finished story lines maybe 2-3 times

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
Lately I've taken to using one character to complete a specific questline, then "retired" him/her and started anew with a different character and a different questline. It gives me a sense of completion and still allows me to start fresh (or so I tell myself in a desperate attempt to rationalize my chronic reroll-itis).

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I'm on my fifth character. I only abandoned my first, around level 22, because I caught on to the game and wanted to start over. I bond deeply with all of my characters. And yeah, I don't think it gets boring. If you have all the DLCs you have so many hours of play you can't possibly remember it all. Just today, I found Madanach's hideout in the Reach, for the very first time! It seems like there's always something new and undiscovered! And, if you do the quests in a different order, it always seems different. Level 20 and Level 50 are like two different games for the various quests.

PuuLoo

I have 5 characters in total. I have finished the main questline + DLCs with all of them. Here are they:
John Nord Level 80 - Everything done + DLCs and extras
PuuLoo - Wood Elf Level 64 - DB questline, Thieves Guild and College of Winterhold + almost all other quests and became Jarl of many holds.
Triton Argonian Level 40
Aleksa Breton Level 23 Archer and Treasure Hunter
Baldwin Orc Level 21

Clau

The Fateless One
I stick with my main characters on my sig. The fun part is conceptualizing a character, back-story and weaving story-lines based on the quests.

nightmare16

here have a cookie :)
im pretty new to skyrim had never played it until maybe 4 months ago. have had 7 characters all gettin to about level 50 before i get tired of that character and there storyline and just starting over my most recent character is level 29 at the momentand by far my favorite and my first female character lol maybe she will make it over level 70

sticky runes

I've made a character for each race, and I was thinking of doing a male and a female of each race, but my female characters don't get used as often as my males. Plus some of my characters got deleted accidentally :sadface:

Israel

I've probably played with about 4 characters, I usually will play for 30-40 hours until I get bored and don't play for maybe 2 months, but I always come back for more :)

seeker23

Looking for the Snitch in Skyrim...
I have completed 5 characters and on my sixth. I Lost my saves of the oldest 4 characters. :sadface:

First one I abandoned for some reason I can't remember. It was a Nord.
Second and fifth characters were created to just play the game without any RP purpose. They completed each and every questline and quest. An Orc warrior and a Breton Mage (for after Dawnguard and Dragonborn DLCs). The mage was level 85 when retired. Gets a bit boring at higher levels. You are hardly ever challenged.
Third a breton mage. Fourth was an Altmer spellsword.
My current character is a wood elf thief build with RP. My first of the thief build and I am seriously enjoying it.:)

skydawg

Well I started a new character and so far i'm having fun with the game again. I'm focusing on magic on this character while my priors where mostly warrior types. It really is fun starting over and working on your new build. This will probably be my last time but you never know lol

AS88

Staff member
Probably hundreds, literally.

I started off differentiating my characters through backstory and roleplaying, but that's only made matters worse. I probably have a current backlog of about 30 characters with rich and detailed ready-made backstories lined up for playing.

:rolleyes:

Atz

Lost track long time ago. This build i'm hoping to meet and defeat The Ebony Warrior. I have reached lvl 72 many times , only to restart all over ?? go figure :rolleyes:

Torok

Most likely 100.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Well I have only played four characters, two of which are retired. The khajiit has finished the main quest and only just started Dargonborn and Dawnguard. Shadow finished the main quest and dawnguard. Wyldfyre did the main quest but not Dragonborn or dawnguard.
My latest, I intend to complete every main quest (DG and DB included), none of the daedra quests, destroy the dark brotherhood, and ignore the thieves guild (Maybe join them).

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
Too many to count. I think I've made at least 40+ characters by now. Majority of them are lower than level 10 (I can only name about 5 that made it past 20, and maybe only 2 or 3 past 30). I just find most of the major questlines to be too short/easy for me, and I end up speeding through them all before I even hit level 20.

Some of them I just stopped using before I could even get anywhere, either because I didn't like their appearance, the playstyle didn't appeal to me, or I simply grew bored of them. My current character seems promising though, I've already done most questlines with her so far but I'm still enjoying this one, so hopefully she lasts much longer than the previous characters, heck maybe even all the way to level 50! (Only 2 of my characters have ever made it this far)

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Too many to count...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts