• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Just to clarify, how many perks can you get? I've seen people say 80, as well as caps as low as 50. Which is it (on xbox, if that matters)?

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
You can reach level 81 (and a half to be exact) once all skills are levelled to 100. You get a perk point each level. The only change is, once you hit 50 the levelling slows right down.

BabyMickers

Totally sweet
Using power leveling techniques, which exist for every skill tree, it doesn't take that long. Sure it takes quite a few hours to max everything but it's not more than 10 hours of boring button spam.

Wraypau

I am at level 56, and the leveling slowed down greatly at 50. I have heard numerous times the cap is level 81. Here is some advice, dont use perks on lockpicking, as you level up in skill in lock picking, the locks get a lot easier. I have a set of glass helmet (weighs 1 lb) glass Gauntlets (1 lb) a silver ring (0.3 lb) and a silver necklace, all enchanted in Fortify lockpicking. they help greatly, but at a point, it becomes to much, and I found a glitch. once you reach a certain point in skill in lockpicking, wearing lock picking equipment makes the locks impossible, it appears the lockpicking gear cancels out the skill level. You can alway make some lokcpicking potions also.

I wouldnt spend a lot of perks in Heavy armor, or light armor either. Armor has a fixed maximum rating, of something like 569, and anything over that, you dont get the extra benifit. The 569 is a total combine armor rating of armor, helmet, gauntlets, and boots. As you build you character and smithing level, you can drink black smithing potion, and make any armor go above this fixed limit, so the perks like 25% addition to armor rating is useless.

Skills I would buy perks in include smithing to Daedric and dragon if you want dragon armor. Daedric is the best, and looks the coolest though.

Enchanting all the way through, you need this especially. Get all 5 of the Enchanter 20% bonus perks, and work you way all the way up to extra effect, being able to double enchant items is nice. I like Armor with a +50 health and +50 Magic, or +50 health/+50 Stamina. i have a daedric greatsword, that give me Health and stamina for every stike it makes.

Alchemy, get all 5 of the first Alchemy perks- potions are 20% stronger, physician, poisioner, and benefactor perk. Thats a total of 8 perks.

Money is not an issue later in the game, so I wouldnt use a tremendous amout of perks for speech, although they are helpful early on in the game. If you get speech perk of being able to sell stolen goods, this really helps in making money. You can steal almost anything.

I was a dumb a$$, and didnt realize this at the start, and I built my character to be a heavy armor rolling battle tank, but I wasted 3 perks in light armor. dumb for me, since I went the heavy armor route.

Pickpocket perk that allows you to carry extra 100 lbs, I think its called extra pocket, is nice, especially when you are clearing dungeons and caves, and want to tote back a lot of loot to sell. I have oer 200k, and have bought all houses, anything i need, so now I am not really selling anything anymore. I am bringing back weapons and armor, to decorate my house. lmao.

Also, you can only buy training once per level increase. So every time you level up, go buy training in a skill you need. i have been buying training in skills that I dont use much, so that my player levels evenly.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts