How long could an Argonian rule a Hold for?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I highly doubt Riften has a garrison sufficient to stop an Imperial army. For that they would need Windhelm.

The Thieves Guild could, in theory, subvert such an Imperial army, gaining an operative that could sneak supplies through.

TheNatural

I highly doubt Riften has a garrison sufficient to stop an Imperial army. For that they would need Windhelm.

The Thieves Guild could, in theory, subvert such an Imperial army, gaining an operative that could sneak supplies through.

I agree, but I do not believe the Thieves Guild really cares about the civil war. In my opinion, if plops hit the fan, they would dip out and let the two sides tear each other apart, and take advantage of the aftermath. The TG are only interested in gold, and if they got into the smuggling business, I would be willing to bet they would be "assisting" both sides.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Thieves tend to think about their own survival, the Guild warns you not to upset the East Empire Company because of their Imperial connections. Upsetting the Imperial connections directly would be suicide.

Last time the Thieves Guild and Imperial Legion had an encounter in Riften, one member was drawn and quartered in a long suffering process. Had his head placed on a pike as the Legion left.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale

Thieves tend to think about their own survival, the Guild warns you not to upset the East Empire Company because of their Imperial connections. Upsetting the Imperial connections directly would be suicide.

Last time the Thieves Guild and Imperial Legion had an encounter in Riften, one member was drawn and quartered in a long suffering process. Had his head placed on a pike as the Legion left.
Was unaware of that. Empire don't mess around.

Eolexis

I think Riften is the only Hold where an Argonian could be installed as ruler without too much uproar from locals. The people who have to directly work for him would me more unhappy.

TheNatural

I think Riften is the only Hold where an Argonian could be installed as ruler without too much uproar from locals. The people who have to directly work for him would me more unhappy.

Also, if things got too dangerous, the argonian could just jump into the canals and swim away!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
You really think the imperials can keep the Thieves Guild from leaving?
Oh, you sweet child...
Why would the TG leave? From my experience, it's actually easier to deal with the Imperials (and Maven) in charge than it is with the Stormies. I mean, the Stormies are a bunch of idiots anyhow and don't recognize how useful the TG and DB are.

I do have a question though. Just who are those idiot thieves in TG armor that everybody (including myself) keep killing that only have the lamest crap in their inventory (I mean, really, who steals a bowl or a plate?). They are obviously abject failures from the TG (with the armor and all). I'm a bit surprised that we don't take care of them ourselves (the TG that is). They're giving us a bad name. :)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Before the Dragonborn shows up to help the Imperials they wouldn't even be let into Riften for a Raid at all.

Last I checked, you don't ask to be "Let in" when trying to take over or raid a town. I don't think the Thieves Guild, even at full strength, would risk facing the Empire in open combat just to continue being in Maven's pocket, same with the guards. Why would they want to die just to get some bribes from Maven? Also, it bears repeating, the imperials would EASILY be able to stop the shipments of Black-Briar Mead, thus cutting off the main supply of gold. How loyal do you think the TG and the guards would be to Maven once the Septims stop flowing?
Let in and raid? In my experience (including during the Civil War), the best they send is maybe a dozen soldiers at a time to do anything.

What kind of army is that? Overwhelming force people! Overwhelming force! Sheesh.

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion
Just a side note.

I think having an Argonian Jarl would be something on an entirely different scale....
:p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts