How Has The Forum Impacted You?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jarif

Well this website has been quote from AS88 something like this "It's a learning experience".
How has the forums impacted you? (If it has) I think its somewhat impacted my maturity a bit more, my confidence, my writing a bit and other stuff.

An example is when I was in the Caravaners of Elsweyr; although it was short-lived, I am still glad I joined because despite some really really realleh relleh relleh relleh stupid mistakes :oops: it was still a learning experience.

That's one example, what about you guys?

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I've gotten such good advice from other forum posters! Also, many laughs. It's a fun place to visit and seeing those little red alert numbers above the alert tab is as good as getting a card in the mail. I wish both had money though...

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Well let's see...because of this site....

I underwent a complex personal evolution wherein painful confusion has given way to what I like to think of as some degree of wisdom culminating in my current Zarasthustrian sense of self. I often panic when making sandwiches, and usually smell conspiracy in everything and don't know what I mean most of the time.

Does that help?

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
If anyone instantly gets the reference, I love you.

Twiffle

I love this forum, i have made numerous friends, (who i will never meet) fabulous advice, great discussion, cracking laughs along the way, However, , this part i will keep to myself, , But as an Englishman, , the only clue is ''spell checker''. :D

hehehehehehee, , just messin with ya , , :p:rolleyes:

Twiffle

Melee

I'm back, bitches
I'm going to sound totally sappy here and say that being a member of this forum has been one of the best online experiences I've had in a long time.

I have made so many awesome friends, been a part of so many unique and creative RPs, and just created some really awesome memories. I really didn't think that I could find so many helpful and caring people in one place, especially on the internet of all things! I can honestly say that I genuinely care for the friends that I have made here. It's almost like I've found a little family. They may be crazy, ridiculous, and dysfunctional, but I love them and they are some of the best people I have met.

But you all still annoy the crap out of me. >> doesn't want to sound/appear squishy.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I met some interesting people here that I seem to be unable to do in the real world. I also became a better debater, and learned a lot from debating here.

I would say that this forum has boosted my confidence in writing, but each time I write a half way decent story I wand up getting writers block!

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

Twiffle

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
in other words, , , ,''your not alone'' . . . :cool:
It's always frightening thinking there might be another

You, you, you, mean there may be others like us, , , , , Oh my (enter religious denomination here), i thought i too was alone, , im, i, i, i feel so complete and happy, , , , i think i need a :beermug: ,, ,, ,, ,, :D
The line between running away in absolute horror and running away in pure bliss really is a thin one isn't it?

:D

Twiffle

It's always frightening thinking there might be another

You, you, you, mean there may be others like us, , , , , Oh my (enter religious denomination here), i thought i too was alone, , im, i, i, i feel so complete and happy, , , , i think i need a :beermug: ,, ,, ,, ,, :D
The line between running away in absolute horror and running away in pure bliss really is a thin one isn't it?

Unless the wife has a rope around you neck, , , ,:D

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I met some interesting people here that I seem to be unable to do in the real world. I also became a better debater, and learned a lot from debating here.

I would say that this forum has boosted my confidence in writing, but each time I write a half way decent story I wand up getting writers block!
It has helped my writing too, especially sticking sarcasm and innuendo in every opening. (...see what I did there) For instance, I probably would have made the line "I also became a better debater" the more toilet-humor-friendly "I became a master debater"

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

Unless the wife has a rope around you neck, , , ,:D
Yeah, then it's just pure bliss

Twiffle

Right guys, its bed time, , 'she who must be obeyed has spoken'. .

:sleepyface:

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Being on here I have met people I consider to be friends, and got a lot of good advice to play my game better, and general day to day things, from fish-care to how to make smores.

Also, it gave me the confidence to actually start writing my novel with the wonderful reception I got from my readers of my fan fiction. It means the world to me and I couldn't have done it without them.

JoeReese

I have learned quite a bit (about quite a few people...help meeeee) here. I've even learned to mod a little bit, and had some good chuckles. I've also said bad words. o_O

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Before I became a member, I used the forum as a reference for help in Skyrim when I needed it. Then I decided I would just become a member and contribute help to others. :) Once I was here, I met people and made a few good friends, and even though I don't know everyone super well yet, I do care about my friends here and I'm happy to have a community. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts