How Gimp will I be with 2h and...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shahmat2012

I have read thru all the 1st few pages of post's and cant say I found one 2h / Resto type build ( LIke a pali of sorts ) anyone try this? Or is it a pain to try and close distance? If anyone has tried this out, whats a good set of perks to go with the 2H line? Heavy Armor and Resto?

Kalerio

I have not tried this but is it's closing distance you're worried about, don't worry no more! Just shout "WHIRLWIND" as loud as you can and you'll be smashing hammers in their faces in no time!

Starr

I would figure that going 1 handed would be more practical and have a resto spell in the other.
I have done it some what in dual chanted light armor. I have a maxed 1 hand skills/weap/chant and can kill almost anything in 1-3 hits in the game with my Daedric Mace- excluding dragons and Deathlords. I have not used a 2 hander but have never seen the need for it either.
So based on that - i would recommend 1 handed/resto combo - swing heal swing heal swing heal .....

My tip is this: Use Restoration in ANY build. Seriously.

If you are using a 2h weapon, such as a Greatsword or even a Bow, you'll have to equip a healing spell (therefore dropping your weapon) to heal, but it's still much more effective than potions in my opinion, and will save you money (albeit not much). The only build I've ever thought of using with serious thought of heavy alchemy and potion use is a pure mage, simply to erase the need of wasting mana or potential spells on healing spells. Even with my mage build, I still use Restoration for wards, as they are almost detrimental when facing a lot of opposing mages and you lack other skills to ward off the damage such as Elemental Shield or the proper resist potions / gear.