How do you play your thief?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TJ0331

Nords forever
Hey everyone I just wanted to discuss how everyone plays their thieves. I personally like to sneak past my enemies and steal their treasure. If I get caught i kill them with dual daggers. I only use a bow for utility purposes such as shooting traps and getting enemy's attention so I can sneak past. I am a kajiit and use the blackguard armor. I try not to be an assassin and kill everyone. My main goal is gold and jewels as well as cheese. Yes I steal cheese and collect it.

Liger

I started a thieve char afew months ago before I Lent my copy of skyrim to my sister. but since I got in back I deleted that char.

I was playing KaJiit As well, was going to go with the calm and fear Spells for if I got caught I believe thats in the Illusion perk tree , with the first sneak perk and maybe some encanted rings and necklaces, of lockpicking and pickpocket and sneak. its not to say I would join the TG right away so I have somwhere to sell my goods.

And since Skyrim IS a combat based game, 1H and Archery, oh and Light Armor

AS for what I would put my Level up perks (Health, Stamin and Magic) well I think Fear cost 76 Magicka point to cast and calm in like 40ish so I would want my magicka to be at least 130. By the time I hit Level 10. yes by Level 10 I would want to look like 130M-150H-120S

TJ0331

Nords forever
I started a thieve char afew months ago before I Lent my copy of skyrim to my sister. but since I got in back I deleted that char.

I was playing KaJiit As well, was going to go with the calm and fear Spells for if I got caught I believe thats in the Illusion perk tree , with the first sneak perk and maybe some encanted rings and necklaces, of lockpicking and pickpocket and sneak. its not to say I would join the TG right away so I have somwhere to sell my goods.

And since Skyrim IS a combat based game, 1H and Archery, oh and Light Armor

AS for what I would put my Level up perks (Health, Stamin and Magic) well I think Fear cost 76 Magicka point to cast and calm in like 40ish so I would want my magicka to be at least 130. By the time I hit Level 10. yes by Level 10 I would want to look like 130M-150H-120S

That is how I play my nightblade. Combat based assassin that uses illusion one handed and mine di enchanting as well as conjuration.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
My Khajiit character uses a bow. But only if detected and defending herself. She likes shiny things :)
Will only kill if defending or paid.
Wears Nightingale armour, and occasionally uses muffle, and fury/frenzy spells. Prefers not to have a follower when stalking targets.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I generally play my thief pretty loosely. It's one of my favorite questlines but I'm more of a silent assassin take your stuff after I kill you kind of thief. Sneakthief though I shy away from Illusion and focus more on Alteration and Paralysis/Detect spells. Not so much on my target, but any of his pals that might happen to spot me.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I prefer to just kill everybody in the room and take the stuff (I suck at TG Questline), but, generally, I just sneak and take. Never pick-pocket except on bandits, etc... No private citizens (again, I suck at the TG questline). I guess I'm more of a brigand than a thief actually.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
I prefer to just kill everybody in the room and take the stuff (I suck at TG Questline), but, generally, I just sneak and take. Never pick-pocket except on bandits, etc... No private citizens (again, I suck at the TG questline). I guess I'm more of a brigand than a thief actually.
I find the most immersive way to be a thief is to take your time and wait for enemies to move and do other things

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I find the most immersive way to be a thief is to take your time and wait for enemies to move and do other things
True, true, but I'm the impatient sort. :) On the other hand, I will wait on top of a rock until an elk wanders past just so I can take it's hide for hours. Hmm... Maybe I should apply some of that Hunter's patience to my thievery. :)

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
True, true, but I'm the impatient sort. :) On the other hand, I will wait on top of a rock until an elk wanders past just so I can take it's hide for hours. Hmm... Maybe I should apply some of that Hunter's patience to my thievery. :)
I am looking for more immersion mods, you have given me the idear to look for a thievery one

My Thief character is totally selfish. I split from Hadvar and did not head to riverwood immediately. That damn Imperial was getting on my nerves and I was about to see if a big rock could fit into his small ear hole. I accutally dropped everything except my original rags and headed south and found an abandon shack. The going was difficult at first but I eventually survived to the point of going to Whiterun. I stole what I could, sole what I didn't need and eventually got run out of my Mod home that was based close to Whiterun when bounty hunters came looking for me. I escaped to Riften and used another Mod home to live there and establish myself in the TG. I told the Jarl to P*ss off and totally ignored the quest regarding the dragons. So for the first 30 levels I didn't contend with dragons at all. Sure I collected unguarded word walls, but I was living just fine with out them. I used no shield, primarily used daggers and a bow. Only used special magical swords I found ingame. Used Alteration magic and my racial ability (voice of the emporer) for when overwhelmed by bandits or guards. If I was feeling particularly Chaotic Evil I would assassinate them while they were pacified. (Thanks kill cam!) I Alchemy my own poison and invisibility potions, but that's it. I buy healing potions, etc. I do enchant my outfits. One for wearing while being a "good citizen" and the other for sneaking around (Nightingale outfit) but I keep the enchants at a reasonable level.
I did try being a vampire but having to feed is a pain and the powers were not worth the effort.