• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Visthalu

Heya :)

Do you sometimes wear apparel for example that is not the best one you could wear? For example you change the better apparel item for a less good one, just because the less good one looks better on your character?

Personally I think it is fun to improve my character, but at the same time I want it to be more of a challange sometimes as well. Plus I kind of like it when the character looks nice, which is quite funny since I always play in first person mode ;)

Adam Warlock

At level 77 , I`ve decided to take advantage of my character`s power to eliminate some of the clunky armor I`ve been wearing.
New duds are definitely about reaching for a Grim Reaper/Avenger look.
Mourner`s Clothes with black boots.
Ebony Helmet and Gauntlets.
Ebony Battleaxe.
It`s a really lean and mean look and I`m loving it so far since the new decap kill cams are awesome !
If I feel the need for more physical protection , I just cast a Dragonhide spell and start slashing away.

I run around with ragged trousers on, letting my chest hairs flow in the wind. With that I wear stormcloak officers gauntlets and boots becuase they look bad-ass. Then I swing my ebony great sword around like a lunatic. Nobody even comes close to me.

Train

Is that all you got?!
I do often wear something that gives less protection simply because it looks better, mostly for the kill cams though, something about that.

Train

Is that all you got?!
"I was fighting an orc, got a kill-cam, saw my damn sexy clothes and I... SKYRIMED IN MAH PANTS!"

If you can call your previous description "sexy"...something tells me it's more terrifying than anything...

I'm allowed to have my own personal tastes when it comes to the sexy rating of an outfit right? There's nothing more sexy than a hairy man in some ghetto lookin pants! He's brick... HOUSE! He's mightah mightah, he's lettin it ALL hang outt!

Neriad13

Premium Member
I'm allowed to have my own personal tastes when it comes to the sexy rating of an outfit right? There's nothing more sexy than a hairy man in some ghetto lookin pants! He's brick... HOUSE! He's mightah mightah, he's lettin it ALL hang outt!

Just how epic is your chest hair? :eek:

Just how epic is your chest hair? :eek:
Just about this epic:
chest-hair-design-1.jpg

Neriad13

Premium Member
If I had this tattoo (and was a man), my arm would NEVER leave my face :D awesome :D

But how would you see? Or type? Or maintain blood flow in your arm? :D

EleanorUnicorn

we would find a way.. possibly amputate arm and glue it to side of face? or build a robot to do all tasks requiring two arms? hire small chinese child to be slave? totally worth it for the comedy value :D i think you're an amazing writer by the way!

Necromis

Back on topic....I installed the PDM from Nexxus that lets me dress up as Barney the Purple Dinosaur, the armour rating isn't that great, but the calm effect is great with mobs........lol.

On a more serious notes, it really is a matter of how I am feeling that day with the character and what armour is involved. I totally went back to Ebony armour over Daedric from the first time I saw it on my character on. I just hated how Daedric looks. That being said I actually wear the Ebony mail, when I have it over the regular ebony armour, too. My Sneaks really like the Nightengale or DB over the TG gear, Just my taste mind you. So yeah for the most part when it is magical/faction gear I will go with style over practical, to a point.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
So, um... I'm going to need some bleach to get the image of Nipple-Dumbledore out of my head. Thanks.

Anyway, clothes. Any character I have that joins the Thieves Guild will pretty much always wear Thieves Guild armor plus hood, because that's my favorite look in the game. Otherwise, I do lean a little towards the aesthetic in choosing what to put on my characters, but I also think along roleplaying lines. I currently have my Dunmer in Expert mage robes with an Adept mage hood (which bugs me because they're different colors, but I can't find an Expert mage hood—do they even exist?) but I eventually want to enchant a set of Mythic Dawn robes, gloves, and boots for him because I imagine him to be this wannabe Mythic Dawn cultist. The Nord I'm playing alongside writing a fanfic will wear nothing but Stormcloak armor, and eventually Stormcloak Officer armor.

Neriad13

Premium Member
I honestly tend to go for function over form and feel like I need every bit of protection I can get. But that's probably also because I don't tend to play very high level characters all that often and am constantly in the state where I'm fearing for my life. It's not a bad state to be in at all. But, for roleplaying purposes, I never sleep in my armor and am always carrying an unenchanted dress or robe or something to use as pajamas.

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
The coolest lokoing armour is the impirial heavy armour look on an impirial with the full face helmet

Docta Corvina

For me, it seems to depend on which character I'm playing. With my Imperial chick, I decked her out in Daedric armor totally, minus the helmet. Because, that being my first character, I guess I also felt like I needed serious protection. FFXII...made me forever paranoid in that regard, lol.

With my current and most beloved character though, my Breton thief/Legate, she's in thiefy attire/light armor most of the time - she did don the Imperial armor when she was completing the civil war questline however. I've tried running around in those slinky tavern dresses and while it looks good, I always feel like it's really out of character for her. Not to mention, it looks funny to dress-with-less while I'm running around with a large following of men. Yeah, they're my Thieves Guild men, but it's still awkward. The lulz factor is a little too high to run around with my assets so much on display. Don't want anyone to get the wrong idea when I meet with Delvin's "special job" clients.

Also, not sure hubby Bryn would entirely appreciate it, haha. ...I've already caught Etienne and Mercer taking in "the view" a couple of times while we were stopped for drinks at The Bannered Mare. :eek: