How do people in Skyrim bathe?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lurknir

There's only one hell, the one we live in now.
There's no baths or showers or anything. Do they just go a lake or river and bathe themselves there?

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Or they just don't do it. I think since Skyrim is based of Nordic culture, I think you could look at Viking bathing habits.

Funny thing, apparently, if I recall, vikings actually had better bathing habits than the other Europeans at the time. That is just from memory. No quotes :p

I imagine if you are speaking as in it was real life, the the 4th era would probably be c. 4th- Possibly 7th century IRL, and back then, during those times, there were public bathing situations, such as rivers and lakes, the only problem with this is that it polluted the water and was soon restricted in the c. 10th century when you had to use a "tub" and water to bathe instead of going to a river/lake.
-- Funny thing about this is, if you look at the water in Whiterun you notice that it is more dirty than the rivers you find outside the city, so that could suggest people might have bathed in that water at the steps to Dragonsreach.
--Also the skeleton in the water under the bridge to Dragonsreach suggests that maybe a person who wanted to bathe accidentally drowned in the water. (My own theory)

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
The real question is what do they do to 'go potty'

For the record, I usually just fling it at a Battle-Born (not named Jon)

Ivory

Let's Player
If you watched my let's play, Lydia has some unlocked dialogue "Ugh, I'll need to bathe thoroughly to get this stench off me"

But she never does. Seriously. I should rename the series Tales of the Dragonborn and the smelly Housecarl.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
If you watched my let's play, Lydia has some unlocked dialogue "Ugh, I'll need to bathe thoroughly to get this stench off me"

But she never does. Seriously. I should rename the series Tales of the Dragonborn and the smelly Housecarl.
That would be a good idea.

She never takes that armor off now that I think of it. She even wears it to watch me sleep.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
There is a natural hot spring bath underneath Jorrvaskr. I thought everyone knew that..
:p
I usually just stand next to Torvar and everyone thinks the stench is him instead.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

AS88

Staff member
Weekly pilgrimages to the Eastmarch hot springs. :p

1000px-Hunter_Jacuzzi_Camp.jpg

LuChao

The Martial artist
if ur on PC they have mods that install baths and showers but if ur on console like me then they smell bad XD

LuChao

The Martial artist
lol

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Stinkypants console characters. :p
So that's what the aroma in here is.

I was thinking rotten eggs smeared on a wet dog, but it's the smelly console bastards.

Good thing I perfected that aroma cloak spell

AS88

Staff member

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
As much swimming as they do, my characters never have the chance to have BO. Sure, they smell like old fish, but BO, no.

It comes from never having the patience to actually go around an obstacle of stick to the road. Raging waterfall or lake filled with hungry fish with razor sharp teeth? No problem. SPLASH!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts