• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Anwrise888

A very naughty naughty kinky mage....
I tried storing dead bodys in my solitiude house but they disapear. Is there any way to keep dead bodys from disapearing. Is there anyone who can help a fellow necromancer out.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
I also want to know this, hey see galmor and ulfric there bodys never dissapear or the cultists from the db dlc so if I take them to my house they shouldnt dissapear in theory.

Nighthiker77

Look for how to "anchor"
I don't know how to do it but that's what they call it. I think it works by putting a permanent item in their inventory. There is a thread called something like Necromancy : living with the dead that talk about it.

kyleekay

Only on Skyrim Forums can you start a sentence with "I tried storing dead bodies in my house" and not cause chaos. :p

JayW

Some people recommend Anchoring - putting items that shouldn't be deleted from the game into your dead thrall's inventory. It hasn't ever worked that well for me unfortunately but others swear by it (check out Adam Warlock's thread "living with the dead" for tips).

There are several lists of thralls that shouldn't disappear (check the wiki/google) and some of them are pretty great (Orchendor). Unfortunately disappearing thralls is a side effect of the dungeons you captured them from resetting so it is unlikely to be patched anytime soon. This is the reason (i think anyway) that Orchendor and other permanent thralls don't disappear since their dungeons mostly don't reset. PC players can just load mods / respawn their favourite thralls.

The only sure fire way of not having your thralls disappear is to keep your thralls in view whenever you fast travel / wait and then load the last quicksave from when they were last present every time they go missing. It means replaying small sections every now and again but it's allowed me to keep dremora markynaz mages going for months / have Ulfric and Vyrthur by my side for whole playthroughs.

Storing kind of worked before the patches were introduced but it would be a bit extreme to delete the patches and DLCs just to be able to store thralls. Most thralls cannot be stored for more than 10 days (this is the reset time for most dungeons) - NB that's 10 days from when you captured them. Some thralls will disappear almost as soon as you leave them behind anywhere (including my personal favourite - the Traveler).

Anwrise888

A very naughty naughty kinky mage....
I will try to look on the Living with the Dead thread. I hope there is some good tips.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts