How do i not get killed by mages

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Henry McDonald

{Prodigy}................
every time i face many mages at one time i get my ass kicked when im facing any other opponent i usually win how do i fix this

Stone

Retired Moderator
You can't really fix it, but there's a few things you can do to combat it.

1) Buy many health points to aid you during fights.
2) Train up your combat stats higher.
3) Enchant or find armour that gives protection from fire, lightning spells ect.

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
I hate mages too, but poisons that damage health or magic seem to be pretty effective against them. If they are with archers and/or warriors, I poison the mage with an arrow and rush with my sword, making killing him my first priority before I move to another target. Groups of mages are a little harder and I generally try to keep my distance and take pot shots with poisoned arrows or try to lead them into a small corridor, hallway, or doorway - anywhere they have to come single file - and just slice up the one in the front of the line 'til he drops then move on to the guy behind him. That way instead of 3 or 4 versus 1, it's more like a series of 1 on 1 fights (which should give you the advantage, most mages are squishy) because usually only the guy in the front of the line can hit you with a spell.

On my next play through it would be fun to get into destruction and fight fire with fire, but as a warrior that's the method that works best for me.

Eturnus

use a warding spell if you're a magic user yourself, if you're mellee i'd go with what morguen87 said.

Kryoclasm

I have had this game a couple of days, but when I encounter a group of mages I have learned that the BEST THING TO DO is cast the spell "Fury" and sneak away.
Lol. then I just set back and listen to everyone go apesh!t and kill each other.

Quiksilver201

im sort of a sneaky cheek bastard so a silently placed pointy stick from a string and bent piece of wood sent on a path to the head do wonders for me or an epic ebony dagger across the throat..its all the same to me

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts