How do I make ashpiles go away?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DaggerNmiHeart

I turned a wolf into a zombie and it was following me around then it turned into a ashpile. Now everytime I go back to windhelm and walk outside of town a little that ashpiles is still there. I put some items onto the wolfs dead body before I used the raise zombie spell on it I dont know if that makes it worse or not. How long till the ash pile goes away? Do they ever go away?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I never use necromancy, or other effects that result in ash piles but supposedly there was a problem since launch that would prevent ash piles from cleaning up properly. It was also supposedly fixed by patch 1.4. If your ash pile occured before the patch I'm not sure it would despawn anyway but much like respawning, items cleaning up is contingent on your not reentering their cell area for a defined period of time so if your wolf zombie died in an area you frequent a lot then it may not be cleaning up even if the bug was patched.

DaggerNmiHeart

oo okay. They are gone now. I kept going back there alot so thats why they must not have dissappear earlier. I was paranoid and returning alot. I went to whiterun into bannered mare and waited for six days then returned and they were then gone

sticky runes

You need a good vacume cleaner.

OK, that joke sucked, but this has happened to me in Markarth - a zombie turned to ash on a stairway, and it caused a whole trail of ash piles, and it stayed like that for ages afterwards, but it disappeared eventually.

DaggerNmiHeart

I saw a nobel imperial on a horse with two imperial guards following him. They were walking by a bandit base right by white run and I killed the bandits outside then I noticed the imperal nobel on the horse wasnt moving and he only had 1 guard by him and he wasnt moving either. I couldnt find the 2nd guard, I think he might have got killed by something and dropped his sword and shield somewhere in the bushes while i was killing bandits but I cant find him. I killed the 2nd guard while sneaking with a bow and picked up his sword and shield, but the imperial nobel is still not moving for some reason?

*edit* they were gone when i reloaded. so i dunno must be trippin. when i turned the xbox off that night then turned it on the next day they were gone

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
...I noticed the imperal nobel on the horse wasnt moving and he only had 1 guard by him and he wasnt moving either...
You should create new threads for different subjects but the noble on a horse is a random encounter and a lot of them are subject to a bug where they stop moving. This includes the Imperial Legionnaire, Stormcloak and Thalmor patrols that wander the roadways of Skyrim. All random encounters reset when you reload the saved game so there may be no one there after reloading or the encounter might be replaced with an entirely different one.

JClarke1953

Well, I bought Skyrim this year (including Dawnguard and Hearthfire), and there are still ash piles in various places that have been there for a long time. Most remain after week's still, but it might be an XBox thing, I don't know. I've even looted them to see if they'll disappear.

MyNameIsJon

Of course if you're on PC you can use the console to delete the ash piles. Just open the console, click the ash pile, and type "markfordelete." Just be careful to make sure you're selecting the ash pile and not the ground. After you go to another cell and then come back it will be gone.

Thank you for the information.

I leave the ash piles. One of them is my old companion Saadia. I visit it from time to time, to remember the good times.