How do I level Smithing after the latest patch...?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Recently; experience gained from forging iron daggers has been nerfed and is extremely ineffective. Does anyone have any alternative ways to level smithing?

Chryss

i just leveled up by making leather armor. the higher the value the more experience you get. I hunted for pelts and the leather was made from that, leather armor is 125 gold i think so pretty good at low levels until you can get silver and gold ingots with gem stones to make jewlery.

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
i removed the patch..

I heard jewelry is the best for leveling smithing now, but im just going to pay the orc girl in Markarth to get 60 smithing for arcane smithing. It will be alot more annoying getting smithing up now

Halkin

pzzzztt
you might want to clear out halted stream camp nnw of whiterun for the tranmute ore spell (or buy it) at least you can turn all the iron you come across into silver/gold and smith with gems

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
It is always found at the Halted Stream Mine & I've only ever seen it as Treasure in one of the Treasure Chests once.
But, you can't buy it.

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
if you are creating a new character then you can just remove the patch until you get the character to where you want it to be. but if you do that then you will not be able to play characters that already have a save file with the 1.5 patch, however, IMO it is worth it

Chryss

I am making jewlery, I used to save all those gems for a rainy day, now they have a purpose. I got the transmute spell and it helps alot. It has actually become a fun challenge to see if I can level up smithing this "new" way. A huge pain but a challenge I needed just the same.

dr.derp

I found making dwarven bows to be extremely efficient. Just raid some dwermer ruins, get all the large plate metal, small plate metal, and bent scrap metal you can carry, smelt it, get some iron and leather strips, and your good.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts