• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Drain Life is in your right hand (the red one), but you have to be floating as the Vampire Lord. In your left hand (the blue one), is you got me. I'm still getting used to the vampire controls. When you use the red one and kill enemies, it boosts your vampire perk meter. And where the hell is the Bite action?! Musta not been paying attention when that info flashed across the screen. :)

And no, sorry, but you can't do any of that stuff in human form. I tried. ;)

MulatoPrincess69

Yeah it is taking awhile to get familiar with it. Im confused because Serena can drain life as a human. So maybe after we climb the vampire tree, we will be able to. Its really frustrating having to switch between human and vampire in every fight :confused:

dunklunk

I know, mainly cuz you wanna use that drain life power to boost your vampire meter, for more perks. So you tend to ignore all other forms of combat. I was playing yesterday, and my so-called Lord couldn't even fit through this passageway, on my way to fill the chalice. I know, I'm still somewhat early days in that storyline, but I am trying to take my time. ;) Seems his wings were too wide. I tried floating through; I tried walking through. No go. Had to switch back to my Orc and that got me through. I also find it comical that when you change into the Lord, no one seems to hear all the racket you make. The growling, the near-explosions, etc. Not complaining, I just laugh everytime I see it happen. :D

Medea

The Shadow Queen
where the hell is the Bite action?!

You have to use your vampire's seduction power on an NPC weak enough to be affected by it, and then feed off of them. I think.... Well, I haven't tried it yet, but that's what I saw someone else post in another thread.

dunklunk

You have to use your vampire's seduction power on an NPC weak enough to be affected by it, and then feed off of them. I think.... Well, I haven't tried it yet, but that's what I saw someone else post in another thread.

The seduction power. Okay, obviously I don't yet have that from the perk tree. Thanks, shadowqueen! And when you say an NPC weak enough to be affected by it. What does that mean? Guards only then? lol

So what is the blue glow from his left hand? I've fired that at enemies, hostile animals and they don't do anything. Well, namely die. :eek:

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
The seduction power. Okay, obviously I don't yet have that from the perk tree. Thanks, shadowqueen! And when you say an NPC weak enough to be affected by it. What does that mean? Guards only then? lol

So what is the blue glow from his left hand? I've fired that at enemies, hostile animals and they don't do anything. Well, namely die. :eek:

The Left Hand is a Magicka drain I believe. If you're running low on magicka, from using Vampiric Grip perhaps, I think this helps you regenerate faster. raise dead. Personally, I don't use it. Love the Grip though!

Seduction power is from letting your vampire powers fester. Don't feed. The longer you go without feeding, the more powerful you become and the more powers open.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Melee mode? Power attacking? Explain, please. Is that when he attacks with his/her claws? :mad:

I beg you, will someone just hand me that sniper rifle over yonder (er, sorry, wrong game)? :rolleyes:

Melee Mode = Walking.
Ranged Mode = Flying.

You toggle by clicking the left thumbstick, same as sneaking.

Power attacks occur when you hold down either attack button for a longer period of time in melee mode. You use up stamina, same as when you're in normal human-mode.

Matdir

Yeah it is taking awhile to get familiar with it. Im confused because Serena can drain life as a human. So maybe after we climb the vampire tree, we will be able to. Its really frustrating having to switch between human and vampire in every fight :confused:

Vampires have a drain life spell by default in human form, but its channeled like the novice destruction spells, and its very weak so its not even worth using, should be in the destruction tab of the magic menu.

The Left Hand is a Magicka drain I believe.
Left hand is raise dead.

MulatoPrincess69

Vampires have a drain life spell by default in human form, but its channeled like the novice destruction spells, and its very weak so its not even worth using, should be in the destruction tab of the magic menu.

Left hand is raise dead.

Is it the Vampiric Drain??

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Is it the Vampiric Drain??

Vampires get a weak drain life spell at stage two or three of "normal" vampirism. The Vampire Lord vampiric drain power is much more powerful. When you become a Vampire Lord, press the up key on the d-pad (just like you do when you are quick-selecting a spell or item) to select your powers. As a normal vampire, your powers/spells only appear if you're at the right stage of vampirism (and can be selected by accessing your spell tab). It doesn't do you any good making them a "favorite" power or spell as a normal vampire, cuz when you feed all those powers/spells disappear until you reach the right stage of vampirism to get them again.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts