How did your character become Dragonborn?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Strictly for RP obviously, but I've been working on a back story for my character and I'd like to know what you guys came up with for why or how you became Dragonborn? Especially non-Nord races.

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
What do you mean by "became Dragonborn?"

You're born as the Dragonborn, you don't choose it or obtain it.

Perhaps you mean "how did your character find out he was Dragonborn?"

Hence the RP. There technically isn't a bloodline like there was with the Septimus family so I feel something had to have happened to make you become this way. Akatosh chose who received the gift to begin with.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
My character Joined the College of winterhold, Learning in various way of magic, Working his way up, in his spare time he likes to venture out and collect rare artifacts, One day, he heard from one of winterholds guards of a man trying to open a dwemer box up north, Wanting to help the guy because he knew that opening that box would contain much knowledge, he ventured out to help. The man then told him to journey to blackreach, a massive dwemer city, under a dwemer city, to aquire an elderscroll, and a lexicon to open the box, after killing much of the vile falmer, he made, opening the oculory and taking the scroll made his way back to the man.

the box wouldnt open and he realised he needed dwemer blood, which isnt obtainable as none are left, so he thought that combining all elven type blood would trick the box into opening, So I ventured out to find some Elven bandits, as I cant kill Civillians, I collected the blood and made my way back, I asked him where I could find another Dwemer city so I could fetch the falmer blood, He said thats not needed, I had some on my robes.

The box Opened, and the man rushed in, he was lifted into the air, and incinerated. Sitting in the middle of this empty box was a book. I picked it up, and was about to read it, when I was contacted by a Daedric lord, Hermaeus Mora, Keeper of Knowledge, He said the book would give me great strength, and told me of dragon attacks in the south (as being in the north I didnt know of the events in the rest of skyrim) So, I ventured down south to the city of whiterun, Where I was asked to obtain a dragon stone from an ancient burial tomb, I did, while facing much draugr, Made my way back and handed him the stone, But irelith the housecarl, interupted, saying a dragon attacked the western watch tower,she formed a group of guards, adn we made our way out to find out what happened.

The tower was in ruins, dead bodies everywhere,and it shocked me, I would avenge these poor men, a man came out of the tower and said get back, two guys were grabbed when they tried to run, then we heard a roar, and down from the mountains came a dragon. It was a long battle, but we destroyed it in the end, On that day I vouched to destroy all the dragon I could, so no harm would come to anyone, Suddenly, Something happen, I was absorbing the dragons Soul......

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
My character grew up in a small tribal community, hardy Nords in the higher (colder) areas.

Hence we were on these lofty spires where our mythology/religion as barbarians, included the mighty Drakes our ancestors fought right where we were standing.

The rune priests of every tribe in our council simultaneously had the same vision at a ceremony that confirmed I would be the slayer of dragons, the Warchief over every tribe, a leader, a general, a mystic, a killer, and a Legend.

Being barbarians, the process of getting me to Skyrim, got us in a 3-way scrum with some Stormcloaks and Imperials and.....

....ended up on the back of a wagon with a Jarl, a hero, and a coward.

Moris

One of my characters is not the Dragonborn. Instead, even long after Alduin has been defeated, she is obsessed with finding the Dragonborn, who is another of my characters. Of course, they never meet. That would be impossible.

My character came from a wealthy and politically influential family in the Summerset Isle. For his father's 88th birthday, the whole family took a trip to Cyrodiil, in an attempt to strengthen the relationship with the Dominion and the Empire. The carriage that they were riding in on their way to the Imperial City turned out to be driven by an assassin, who killed the entire family due to their political power and influence. Vaid, the Altmer man in question, barely escaped, blindly running through the countryside for hours until he reached Skyrim, where he was caught and placed in a cart on its way to Helgen.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
My character found out he was Dragonborn after he killed the dragon in Whiterun and absorbed its soul?

I mean, I have a story leading up to how my character ended up on that wagon headed to Helgen, but the game showed how he/she was Dragonborn. I feel like I'm not creative enough to understand what's being asked, to be honest.

Moris

My character found out he was Dragonborn after he killed the dragon in Whiterun and absorbed its soul?

I mean, I have a story leading up to how my character ended up on that wagon headed to Helgen, but the game showed how he/she was Dragonborn. I feel like I'm not creative enough to understand what's being asked, to be honest.

I know what you mean.

Maybe some desperate female among my ancestors looked at all the marriage candidates in Skyrim (Angrenor? Really?) and decided, wtf, I think I'll get it on with some super awesome gnarly undead dude wearing a truly sinister mask, yeah, that will really piss off the parents?

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I know what you mean.

Maybe some desperate female among my ancestors looked at all the marriage candidates in Skyrim (Angrenor? Really?) and decided, wtf, I think I'll get it on with some super awesome gnarly undead dude wearing a truly sinister mask, yeah, that will really piss off the parents?
Hahah! I imagine something that compares with Zeus turning into a bull and a few months later a lady pops out the Minotaur.

Dragonborn is clearly a product of some freakish bestiality relationship or something.

Twiffle

Mine was when i was shouted at by a bloke on top of a mountain with one hell of a loud voice, so i just had to go see what he was on about, , seems im Dragonborn or summat .. :rolleyes::D

Saozig

Hippy
My retired-for-now Dunmer Swordswoman is the Dragonborn. She didn't want to be, but when those Miraak cultists showed up and accused her of being a pretender, she realized she was in fact the Dragonborn. She may be conflicted, she may be resentful, but she is not disingenuous nor does she grasp at what isn't hers. So being accused of that was beyond insult for her. She freed the Skaal and defeated Miraak, but she's letting Alduin live for now. It seems she thinks the Nords of Skyrim have some soul-searching to do before they can be ready for a Dunmer Dragonborn.

My Breton Battlemage come into her own as the Dragonborn by becoming a Thu'um Master. The more shouts she learned and mastered, and more apparent it was she was the Dragonborn. It's one thing to be a total badass in combat--it's another thing to turn your foe into an icicle or conjure up a raging thunderstorm or force a dragon to the ground or to slow time itself with three little words.

MiniPea

The Dark Lord of Skyrim
When my mage and Alduin had a nice long chat, I dropped some Black-Briar mead and he shouted at me. I decided to shout back, and he died.

Neriad13

Premium Member
My character was chosen by Akatosh because of her penchant for wanton destruction. While she does have a genuinely good heart and means harm to very few people, she nevertheless always seems to destroy everything she touches. A building of beggars, up in smoke, roasted by her own unknowing hand as she made good her escape from the Thalmor. Her best friend, scarred for life as he tried to dig what he thought was her corpse from the burning rubble. An inn that she'd spent a night in, ransacked after her abrupt departure. A friendly camp of Bosmer murdered after she'd inadvertently led a group of bandits right to them. Her only ally in a brutal province, burnt to a crisp by a spell that she'd uttered.

She was chosen by Akatosh because only one so destructive as her can hope to go up against the all-devouring World-Eater. And only one so human as she can know the difference between Good and Evil.

OckhamsFolly

So far, my "real" dragonborn is Waldulf, the Furious, a Nord from an expatriate family who was returning to his homeland and roots when he was taken by the Imperials. His bloodline is ancient, and he is descended from an Dragonborn whose name is lost to the mists of time. With the advent of the dragons, his blood's long dormant power had reawakened, and he led the (cured) Companions to put down the dragon threat and then side with Ulfric to return Skyrim and their way of life to the glory once known... although he has grave misgivings about Ulfric personally, and will be keeping a very close eye on him. He refuses to let Ulfric's hot blood undo everything they have accomplished. What sense in saving Skyrim from the dragons and liberating it from the Imperials to destroy it ourselves?

Toza, my first character, was a khajiit assassin, and his Dragonborn powers came from... well... he likes to eat things. Exotic things. That he's killed. In this case, a dragon's heart. And while he's not truly a Dragonborn, he is a champion of Hircine, and doing so gave him some of the dragon's strength and unlocked his powerful abilities. Now that the crisis has passed, he spends his days in endless hunting, of mighty beasts and powerful Men and Mer, in anticipation of the day he is called to hunt by Hircine's side.

Cronach is not the Dragonborn. He's an orc with a big hammer, and dragons are just another thing to try his strength against so that one day, he may return to his stronghold and take his rightful place as chief. This, Cronach, son of Yarnuk, so swears.

(But truthfully they scare the bejeezus out of him, he's just too proud to admit such a shaming thing)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts