How did you get into TES series?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
The way I got into it was when I was young I went round by sisters friends house who's brother was playing oblivion an I really liked the invisibility on it so a few years later the first day I bought my ps3 i got oblivion and assassin s creed 1 I diddent play oblivion till 2 years later and I did the first quest and now I am a elder scrolls fan knowing alot of things to the nine devines names off heart to how to quickly do all the mages guild and I am now a truly devoted elder scrolls player :)

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
For me, it was honestly out of pure boredom. I went to a boarding school for highschool and I was really bored since I didn't have much to do during junior year. I went to gamestop, kept seeing Oblivion on the shelf so I decided, 'hey, I think I'll just try it'. I had no knowledge about the game whatsoever at that point XD it took me a while to really get into it. I stop playing but return to it eventually with more mods. Then after talking more about TES online, I discover its rich and complex lore. That's when I REALLY got into it.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
A friend of mine lent me the game and I got instantly hooked. After I finished the main game I bought “The Shivering Isles” to have me some more Elder Scroll goodness.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
I got the Xbox 360 when it first got released in Australia. A few days later I saw some awesome game called Oblivion was going to be released soon (I love medieval i.e swords, shields, bows, etc). I played it, and I fell in love. :)

I got the Xbox 360 when it first got released in Australia. A few days later I saw some awesome game called Oblivion was going to be released soon (I love medieval i.e swords, shields, bows, etc). I played it, and I fell in love. :)

Get a room! Nah I joke I love how everyone has there different storys short or long :)

Jeruhmi

I had a sleepover with a couple of friends around 3-4 years ago. One of my old friends brought Oblivion round for the Xbox 360. I was in bed with my other friend (no homo) whilst he played Oblivion. I just watched and thought it was cool.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Morrowind was the first TES I stumbled upon. Although, I can't recall whether it was on PC or Xbox. Anyway, I played it mostly with my brother's xbox venturing around the vast (and foggy) land. I learned quite early how to lure NPCs, in order to steal their belongins from house.

I was impressed about game mechanics and how developers had made such a big land for game.

diazm7

bow control, use one hand
My sisters friend brother let ne borrow morrowwind and fell in a hole

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
A friend of mine suggested Oblivion to me. I was not a fan of Fallout, so I've been weary of Elder Scrolls games for a good while. I come to find out how amazing Oblivion is. And Skyrim has only furthered my love.

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
It still floors me that so few of y'all have played Daggerfall. I was a kid when my dad picked up Daggerfall and I've always been unusually adept at video games so I had no problems grasping it. Since then i have played each TES game and even dabbled in Arena a little bit. I recently went back about a year ago and played Daggerfall again. It still stands up as an amazing game!

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I never played it, cause I didn't have computers in the house until I was a teenager and had a job. And all my consoles were hand me downs. I'd love to play it, but I'm terrible at PC games. For me, the keyboard is for typing, not games.

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
Lol honestly a lot of people would probably have trouble getting into it. It used a random dungeon creation engine that would literally create a brand new dungeon for every time you entered, it could be....very frustrating at times especially when coupled with the comparably limited graphics at that point in time. Believe it or not there were actually more freedoms within that game and it was HUUUUUUUUUGGGGEEE!!!! Makes Skyrim look like a linear game lol. One fun thing they did that I kinda miss is quests had time limits on them. If you did not finish in the week or by a certain date, you failed the quest. A fun element of reality from an RP stand point.

Heiligstein

Holy Stone
Skyrim is how I got into TES. Haven't played any before. But knew at some point... I just should. I love FF, Warcraft, Diablo, Ragnarok, tons of games. Figured I'd give Skyrim a chance. Now I'm addicted. Now and forever.

Callow

Waterbear.
When I moved out of my house I picked up a variety of games from my brother, Oblivion was one of them. It sat on my shelf for ages till I finally popped it in one day and addiction ensued. Now I love TES.

skindog

Got into Oblivion because of some guy I had a thing with. I went to his house and he was playing it so I asked if I could have a go, spent the next few hours sitting there playing it while he watched. Poor guy. Bet he wished he had never let me play, I think he was expecting gobbies but we all know TES is far more satisfying.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts