How come you can't make arrows?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
For anyone playing on PC there is a nifty Fletching or "Arrowsmiting" mod available that allows you to collect resources and craft arrows in bundles of fifty. All types of arrows are supported it seems.

http://www.curse.com/mods/skyrim/arrowsmith For anyone who is interested. ;)

ItsBenniBlack

Mehti Oba
you can buy ebony arrows and i fin arrows on alot of the dragers

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
I don't see what's wrong with steel arrows in the first place? Of course, I'm only a low level so far so it's okay for me, but are they really that weak later on in the game?

ItsBenniBlack

Mehti Oba
I don't see what's wrong with steel arrows in the first place? Of course, I'm only a low level so far so it's okay for me, but are they really that weak later on in the game?

yes they are lol i have arrows that do 24 and 30 damage with bows that are 50+ that are also enchanted with 35 damage

ItsBenniBlack

Mehti Oba
well actually as your levels grow you will find that it varies some guards your steel iron daedric ebony elven

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
I see. Well, right now I'm using Dwarven, and that guard thing at Solitude works for me, but I wonder if it is considered an exploit?

Xiomn

I kind of wish i could make arrows as well because i'm kind of role-playing as a Forsworn with the Forsworn weapons including the bow and it would be neat to make the Forsworn arrows rather than me having to go kill Forsworn members and break the immersion of me being a Forsworn just to get arrows.

VolenKiller

The Idealist
Yeah its stupid. You can get a perk for it though(i think) . Also pretty stupid how you can make every weapon except making arrows? At least in oblivion in the shivering isles you could give the special smiths amber/ madness ore and get 20 arrows.

Honestly, I just use iron arrows for my archer and steel for my warrior. I am never gonna worry about the high-class arrows. But the theft-and-placement technique only works after the civil war questline, as far as I know. Although I forget where, there is a place where you can force your follower to train with the bow. *hint-hint*

^^wrong. Ive only done the first quest and it works fine