How come you can't make arrows?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ill wil

I keep losing all my ebony ones....

brandon

I keep losing all my ebony ones....
yeah i know how you feel. there might be a dlc for it but right now no. only reason i say it might be a dlc is because if you go to solitude they have people there who work as fletchers. they make arrows. but the huge dwarven combat suits usually have ebony or deadric arrows. and the higher you get in levels the shops have better chances to sell them also. but the ebony and deadric are very expensive

CharlesD

In my current playthrough, the guard in Solitude has been shooting Daedric arrows for quite a while now, just filling that target up for me to come and re supply whenever I need them.

ill wil

See when I use mine either they get lost or get stuck........

brandon

In my current playthrough, the guard in Solitude has been shooting Daedric arrows for quite a while now, just filling that target up for me to come and re supply whenever I need them.
i tried this with everybody shooting arrows but it doesnt work. they just have the one i gave them and shoot steel arrows anyway.

brandon

CharlesD

i tried this with everybody shooting arrows but it doesnt work. they just have the one i gave them and shoot steel arrows anyway.
You have to take away their steel arrows. Either pickpocket them while they're sleeping in the middle of the night and remove anything you don't want them to shoot, or you need the perk to pickpocket equipped items.

brandon

You have to take away their steel arrows. Either pickpocket them while they're sleeping in the middle of the night and remove anything you don't want them to shoot, or you need the perk to pickpocket equipped items.
i did this with my theif and no matter what they still only shot steel arrows. which dont get me wrong i didnt mind because i take all the steel arrows and sell them.

CharlesD

i did this with my theif and no matter what they still only shot steel arrows. which dont get me wrong i didnt mind because i take all the steel arrows and sell them.
Come to think of it, it used to do that to me as well. I first tried this when the Imperials were still in control of Solitude and every day or so of in game time they would find more steel arrows and go back to shooting those. Since I've finished the Civil War and the Stormcloaks are now in charge there, the guards haven't switched back. I've been getting a steady supply of Daedric arrows for over a month.

you have to take their equipped arrows, either you need the perk to steal equipped items OR follow them to the guard house at 8pm, follow to their quarters, SAVE, then steal their arrows as they will no longer be equipped

brandon

Come to think of it, it used to do that to me as well. I first tried this when the Imperials were still in control of Solitude and every day or so of in game time they would find more steel arrows and go back to shooting those. Since I've finished the Civil War and the Stormcloaks are now in charge there, the guards haven't switched back. I've been getting a steady supply of Daedric arrows for over a month.
ah see your the first person thats said that they switched back to steel. and the first who said what point in the quest they had been. that could have something to do with it. i had been stealing every guards arrows and given them all one deadric. it didnt matter what they were doing. i did it to every guard i had seen.

brandon

you have to take their equipped arrows, either you need the perk to steal equipped items OR follow them to the guard house at 8pm, follow to their quarters, SAVE, then steal their arrows as they will no longer be equipped
i had that perk and i did that. but they always shot steel arrows. im thinking my game might be glitched.

brandon

Id be shocked if it wasnt.
its not the only glitch i have that i wouldnt know about if not for these forums. ive had three characters and married three diff people. well my wife always dies and ive never had the letter of inheretence or had the option to remarry. so i just have to live as a widower. and this arrow thing. and there might be a few more i dont know about as well.

BSE

I simply meant that it seems like everyone has glitches...some minor and some major. Major one for me is it freezes fairly often, so Ive gotten into the habit of saving every 5 minutes when Im out exploring. Minor one...I was swimming in a lake and there was a bunny running in the middle of the water.

Arktic_Spyder

You need to max pickpocket and get the perk perfect touch, it'll allow you to steal their equipped arrows.
Take the equipped arrows and put 1 of the arrows that you want to take.
I have a steady farm of ebony arrows at the thieves' guild right now :)

CharlesD

I simply meant that it seems like everyone has glitches...some minor and some major. Major one for me is it freezes fairly often, so Ive gotten into the habit of saving every 5 minutes when Im out exploring. Minor one...I was swimming in a lake and there was a bunny running in the middle of the water.
I've seen foxes do that a few times.

nancy

how did you arrange to get Deadric arrow drops? I've been trying to do that and I can't

how did you arrange to get Deadric arrow drops? I've been trying to do that and I can't
as stated above, you must pickpocket the guards arrows, either with the needed perk to steal equipped or wait until they are asleep and then take their arrows, once taken give the guard 1 of your arrows and he will shoot with that arrow

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts