How can I level my Alchemy fast?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Revanchrist

I'm currently level 49 (Very close to 50) and I need to get my Alchemy higher so I can improve my items more. I'm trying to get my Daedric armor as high as I can possibly make it and I need the potions to improve the benefits so I can make my character as strong as I can.
Stats (If you care):

One-handed: 97
Bow: 98
Heavy Armor: 100
Block: 100
Smithing: 100
Sneak: 77
Enchanting: 85
Lock Picking:49
Speech: 53

My armor and jewelry are enchanted mostly with One-handed enchant with 40% increase in damage (Daedric sword with life stealing and 227 damage), and I also plan on getting double enchants for sneaking and such.The rest I haven't really worked on (Or remember at the moment.) So, anyway to power level it faster??

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Not really. The price of the potions affects the skill gain so you have to make expensive potions. There's a thread in the Guides and Tutorials forum that has many of the recipes for the most expensive potions.

You should bear in mind that Alchemy is not going to boost your enchantment strengths significantly. What it will do is affect your tempering bonus because you can make 130% Fortify Smithing potions with an Alchemy build and 116% Fortify Alchemy gear.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
you can also get alchemy training from the little girl at the dark brotherhood.

Also what Dagmar said. Making a bunch of restore health potions won't give you as many skill points as making a bunch of invisibility potions or paralysis poisons.

Revanchrist

I'm just trying a faster way besides spending all my gold on trainers. So I might do as Dagmar told me to do it. Thanks for the ideas though. :)

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
good luck! alchemy is very time consuming to level up but it's so worth it!

imonweed420

There is basically no easy way to level alchemy to 100 but the fastest way i could find is to buy all he ingredients from every vendor and wait two days and do this again lol ( make sure you have some fortify alchemy gear on when you are leveling it up, it will be faster ). There is also the killing giants for their toes way but that takes even longer lol ( giant's toe, and wheat )

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
There is basically no easy way to level alchemy to 100 but the fastest way i could find is to buy all he ingredients from every vendor and wait two days and do this again lol ( make sure you have some fortify alchemy gear on when you are leveling it up, it will be faster ). There is also the killing giants for their toes way but that takes even longer lol ( giant's toe, and wheat )
Some of the ingredients for the highest value potions are not sold by apothecaries. I have yet to find a potion more valuable then the Slow/Fortify Carry Weight/Damage Stamina Regeneration potion and you aren't going to find the Large Antlers to make them at any apothecary shop.

imonweed420

Y
Some of the ingredients for the highest value potions are not sold by apothecaries. I have yet to find a potion more valuable then the Slow/Fortify Carry Weight/Damage Stamina Regeneration potion and you aren't going to find the Large Antlers to make them at any apothecary shop.
Thanks for the info, however i already know that. I am just talking about without any hassle and also you don't have to make the best potions to level up relatively nicely.