how can I increase my destruction on master difficulty?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Deathspell101

I'm playing on Master and so far it has been great but as hard as plops. I am scared evrywhere I go and when i try to kill a normal bandit outlaw, I'm out of magika before I know it. I need help in incresing my destruction in a safe way or a little dangerous. (BTW no crime please I'm trying to be a good guy)

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Possibly try other skills if for nothing else, to boost your skill points so you can level up. After that, you pick destruction perks until you're happy with it. Or, maybe concoct some magika potions of your own. Learn the needed ingredients, and buy/harvest/steal said ingredients. Hope that helps, but you'll get way better answers soon enough. :D

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
You need a follower or conjured minion to draw the attacks of your enemies while you attack them with destruction magicka spells. Are you taking Destruction perks to reduce magicka cost of Destruction spells by 50%?

Dagmar

What about all the Novice level spells? You don't have Flames, Sparks, or Frostbite?

Dagmar

You'll level faster using Novice Destruction spells than you will by using Apprentice Destruction spells.

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
I don't know how "mage-y" it is, but since Destruction doesn't have any way to increase damage aside from the 50% perks, you may want to get into Alchemy for +% Destruction damage potions, or Weakness to Element potions to help increase your damage? But you'd need a bow or sword or something to apply the poisons, I don't know how you'd feel about that as a mage. I guess you could use Bound Bow if, like Dagmar said, you dip into Conjuration for summonable minions.

Dagmar

...but since Destruction doesn't have any way to increase damage aside from the 50% perks...
While it's not an efficient tradeoff for the 40% increase in Magicka cost, the Dual Casting perk will increase damage by 10% compared to casting to the same spell from each hand without the perk. (The real value comes from gaining access to the Stagger perk above it, and players generally can mitigate Magicka cost in numerous ways).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts