• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

benolian

Hey, I have had Hearthfire for a while now. I am up to making my 3rd homestead. In my previous homesteads I have made one of my 'wings' of the house bedrooms so I could add children's beds for my adopted kids. I would rather have something like an enchanting tower as one of the wings for my new house but if I don't have the bedrooms then I can't add children's beds, and by that, my family can't move in. Is there a way to get your kids to move in with you even if you don't have the child's beds and chests? The wiki's say you can add children's beds to the main hall but it doesn't give me an option to do this... :sadface:. I don't know weather this is just me being noobish or not.
-Benolian
P.S
Excuse any bad grammar or spelling. I am quite tired at the moment.

eratiikwa1r0a

You do not need the bedrooms wing to have kid as long as theres enough beds for everyone. I have lakeview manor and i built all the upstairs and i had crafted 3 beds so i moved my family in and it worked (They do not need to be childs beds my kids sleep on single beds). Your housecarl does not need a bed. Im assuming by "Main Hall" you mean the small house you remodelled into an entry way for your mansion? You had that option when it was a small house. You cant after you have remodelled it.

benolian

I haven't remodeled it yet and I have all the necessary beds but it won't give me an option to move :sadface:, may be a small bug.

eratiikwa1r0a

have you asked your wife/husband? Are you Building Your Furniture or are you paying your housecarl to decorate? your kids might not want to move lol. it might be a small bug, idk though you might have to just wait for another reply from someone else. or see if theres a "skyrim bugs list" or something then see if youre problems in there.