PS3 Hooded Black Robes: This is Infuriating!!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Without going into too much detail, my current character who's a warrior, decided to temporarily go pure mage. Rather than buying master destruction robes, he's going to enchant his own robes to make them superior and he's decided on the hooded black robes. The only problem is, he doesn't have hooded black robes and upon further investigation discovered that they're extremely rare.

A source said that one can be found in Fellglow Keep after dealing with The Caller, so he went there to obtain them. But lo and behold, the passageway leading to the room containing them is now inaccessible. Turns out there's a bug which may cause rubble to block off the hall leading to this room, (how long I ran around the place thinking, "where is that room? I'm obviously missing something) So no matter, I would outsmart the bug. I retrieved my horse and climbed vertically up the cliff so that I could enter the chamber from the top. And... hmm. That entrance is rubbled over as well, somehow.

So what? I have to wait for the random bloody encounter with the traveling vampire in order to get some damn hooded black robes?!!! GODS! I came up with this idea three days ago and have anxiously awaited my chance to make it so, (I had to finish the College quests first), and I've just wasted two hours trying to get into that damn chamber just to find out that it's impossible! :mad:

There are no other clothes or robes that I like the look of, so I guess I'll just enchant some ancient nord armor and go as an armored destruction mage, because I sure as oblivion don't want to spend the next week fast-traveling about in hopes for a random encounter. Unless somebody has a suggestion...

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Could you try visiting the clothing shop in Solitude?
That was actually my first stop, even before Fellglow Keep. They don't carry that item. I tried on a couple of their outfits but none suited me. I was as disgusted with their selection as they were disgusted with my shirtless condition. Those insufferable women should count themselves fortunate I don't boot them out of my city.

nightmare16

here have a cookie :)
im goin with nurozoxi on this one. im pretty sure ive got some off necromancers before but i cant make any promises

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
im goin with nurozoxi on this one. im pretty sure ive got some off necromancers before but i cant make any promises
They drop black mage's robes or necromancers robes, or sometimes other variations of enchanted black robes. I was wanting unenchanted hooded black robes so that I could apply my own enchantments. Only the randomly spawning vampire traveler drops them. It's fine though, I'm over it.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I find this thread confusing.

You have trouble finding the 150% hooded robes?

By the time I'm level 20, I've always found at least a dozen of them.

To me, they're not rare at all.

I usually just kill the Caller and take hers.

Me, I prefer the master destruction robes and almost any hood around.

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
If the robes are integral to your character concept, could you use the console command to put them in your inventory, and, for RP reasons, drop the appropriate amount of gold (5 gold) into a barrel somewhere to simulate purchasing them?

Player.AddItem 00107108 1

Daelon DuLac

If the robes are integral to your character concept, could you use the console command to put them in your inventory, and, for RP reasons, drop the appropriate amount of gold (5 gold) into a barrel somewhere to simulate purchasing them?

Player.AddItem 00107108 1
Good idea! Or, donate the coins to a beggar?

khazan99

It now occurs to me that this post is tagged *cough* PS3 *cough* Apologies, reading comprehension, ftw. :confused:

Well, all I could offer is that the non-enchanted version is found in Fellglow Keep, in that circular room just before you go up to fight The Caller ---- this of course means you have to be doing the "Hitting the Books" quest to get there etc I assume.

Good luck!!

Daelon DuLac

Another option is to go to Sunderstone Gorge or to Cragwallow Slope (both warlock lairs). Both have multiple hooded mage robes (or at least they do in my experience).

Just a thought. Both are pretty tough (Sunderstone has pyromancers) and Cragwallow has Conjurors, but, if you've the skills, you can do them.

khazan99

The other option might be to settle for the other hooded robes (non-enchanted), the ones that are not black. They look like the Priestess of Dibella robes, kind of a brown/orange/rust color. There are 2 sets found on the bodies of the worshippers at the aforementioned Talos Shrine b/t Riverwood and Falkreath.

Daelon DuLac

The other option might be to settle for the other hooded robes (non-enchanted), the ones that are not black. They look like the Priestess of Dibella robes, kind of a brown/orange/rust color. There are 2 sets found on the bodies of the worshippers at the aforementioned Talos Shrine b/t Riverwood and Falkreath.
You can also find both blue and black hooded un-enchanted robes regularly in your travels in many wardrobes.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale

It now occurs to me that this post is tagged *cough* PS3 *cough* Apologies, reading comprehension, ftw. :confused:

Well, all I could offer is that the non-enchanted version is found in Fellglow Keep, in that circular room just before you go up to fight The Caller ---- this of course means you have to be doing the "Hitting the Books" quest to get there etc I assume.

Good luck!!

:rolleyes: Gods be praised.
You two are too much..! :beermug:

Not sure if this reply is going to be useful but I recall finding a couple of those robes on Solstheim, long ago.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
The Khajiiti Merchant Caravan invisible chests might have them. Not sure though, it's been a long time. I think they might just have normal black robes and blue robes.

Also that bug totally rekt you, scrub :p

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Not sure if this reply is going to be useful but I recall finding a couple of those robes on Solstheim, long ago.

The wiki does note that they may appear as random loot there. :beermug:

The Khajiiti Merchant Caravan invisible chests might have them. Not sure though, it's been a long time. I think they might just have normal black robes and blue robes.

Also that bug totally rekt you, scrub :p

I've only heard of these chests. It might be worth it for me to "accidentally" stumble across one. :beermug:

khazan99

Good luck!!

:rolleyes: Gods be praised.
You two are too much..! :beermug:

LOL we were so excited to be helpful, that we ignored vital details! best of luck anyway! :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts