• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Opnauticus

Listen of the nightmother.
    As Opnauticus enters the sanctuary he hears Marcus say "That just earned you 10 lashes." and could smell the stink of the four people chained to the wall. He walked over to Elrond in his throne and handed him a jewelled amulet. "It is done." he said in his gruff voice. "Any other jobs available?" he asked Elrond in the hopes that he said yes. Work had been slow for the past two weeks, and the contract to kill Nazeem was the first in these two weeks. He stood there waiting for a response.
    ((Sorry for not posting for a while, as yesterday was my birthday))

As Salmas walked away Subzi sat there with a smirk. "A necromancer huh? I've rubbed elbows with more than a few of them in the past, occasionally even thrown some. I find their company to be a little.....dry." His mates at the table looked at him with a look on their face of disbelief he wasn't as irked by it being a Necromancer. "How are you not completely irked by the idea of working with a Necromancer????" they asked. "Ahh my friends, let me put it to you this way... if you ever wish to get anywhere in life you can't fear, fear is crippling, and cripples don't make coin." He smirked, "Plus, I'm an equal opportunity employee." He wasn't arrogant, he was just honest and seen enough to realize fear only exists in the mind of men who allow it. He finished his drink and leaned back and began smirking looking forward to being informed of the contract at hand.

"ANOTHER ROUND OF MEAD OVER HERE! NONE OF THAT NORD GARBAGE EITHER!"

E14H

キー
    …It wasn’t beavers was it? Let me think, words that sound like beavers… weavers, no… fee-thurs? No, that’s feathers… thieves! The Thieves Guild?” enquired Dragon.

Beavers? Feathers? By all that is dark and unholy, this man is a fool, thought Lívia, annoyed with his stilted rambling. Her lips curled in disgust as she slowly dragged her hand down the contours of his armour, a piercing screech of sharp nails on metal following in its wake. As the man cringed, Lívia retrieved a large sack of bloody gold from within her robes and placed it into Dragon’s calloused hands. Smirking.

As was the deal,” said Lívia insidiously. “You and your companions will do whatever it takes to reclaim my staff from the thieves and their allies. I do not care at what lengths in which you all go to; kill, steal, slaughter, manipulate, or even use unassuming children as slave-bait, it matters not… I just want it done, do you understand me Dragon?

Lívia started into the man’s eyes, deathly serious and weary of talk.

Cadaver

“You have done well, such a pretty thing. Death. well done my brother you are truly a assailant of the night. Now on the topic of jobs there is a big job with a colossal pay-out, i will accompany you and i want Marcus to come as well you and Marcus finish of these prisoners and then i will meet you in riften you will go to riften sneak into the black brior manor i will meet you in the courtyard you will slit maven black briors throat while she sleeps i want to be there when the light leaves her body her screams will echo like a bullet ricocheting of a rock her screams will fill the air. She has torched us with her infernal demand we have tolerated her for too long. The rise of the dark brotherhood has begun. The dawn of the black briors is on the horizon her death will be even more excruciating than what any of us could even imagine we will see her soon, real soon. You are welcome to keep anything you find but set fire to the building after you’re finished i will leave once i know the job is done i will be waiting for you back at the sanctuary will enough money for us all to but most of skyrim, good bye my brother and make haste”. An demonic grin crept across his face.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
    "Sounds more fun than our usual beat-up," the Dragon commented as he took the sack of gold (after, of course, recovering from the nails-on-chalkboard sound of Livia's hand against him armour), "I'd be obliged to, um, m'necromancer-lady. I understand completely. Don't worry, the Thieves guild are weak wimpy weasels. I've fought birds tougher than thieves!" Granted those birds were werevultures in Valenwood, but still. He stared back into her eyes as she did, a silent drop of sweat slithering down his forehead underneath his helmet. "Um, well, heh, I best be off with my mercenaries. Ta." The Dragon then left the room and recovered his superior demeanor, walking over into the room where his cronies were. "RIGHT YOU LOT, Salmas, Subzi, my two best mercenaries. That frankly quite attractive but terrifying necromancer lady wants us to beat up some thieves and get back a staff. Sounds easy peasy, and she paid us in at least...what, there must be, ten thousand septims in here? There'll be plenty of mead in the Bee and Barb, we're headed to Riften! HARRAH!" the muscular man cried, raising his sword and gesturing for the others to head through the door.

Artemis Shadows

The Watcher
    Ivory had been walking around Riften for quite awhile, she wanted to enjoy the fresh air before she went back down into the cistern. She sat on a bench, close to the tavern and the small bridge,and briefly considered going back inside for another drink but decided against it. She leaned back on the railing with a yawn and listened to the drunken singing. Soon she found herself humming along. Ivory watched as a mouse scurried past her boot and disappeared in a small basket with a squeak. She stopped humming, removed her hood and rubbed her face with a sigh.

Subzi half chuckled to himself as Dragon went on his little speech, he could smell the sweat and odor of fear the client instilled in him. Everyone marched off with Dragon as Subzi made well to finish his mead in the most calm manner while making sure to take his time to enjoy every single drop. "Dont you have to go with them?" one of his mates at the table said. Subzi, eying what's left of his drink, swirling it around in his cup smile as he heard this. "I don't HAVE TO do anything. We're all free men here, when you all realize that... you won't be risking your necks for any amount of coin you can find someone to dish out. I'll take the job and I'll do it well but see unlike Dragon I do not play the HOORAH! game. He is a man of brawn, and I can respect that. I however are a man of brains. I ask question first then apply the solution after." Subzi leaned back and pounded what's left of his mead, "Plus I have a few friends in the Thieves' Guild, they'd do well to have a conversation with me before this all comes to pass. Some coin isn't worth friend's lives. I've lost enough already." Subzi looked over at the door Dragon came out of knowing the client was in there, he grinned thinking to himself... "Never trust a Necromancer, even one that comes baring coin." Subzi got up and collected his stuff then walked out the door on the opposite side of the hall, putting his bow on his back and sheathing his dagger at his hip, pondering how to go about this.

Opnauticus

Listen of the nightmother.
    It took two days travel for Opnauticus to reach riften as he stopped off at ivarsted to collect supplies for the rest of the trip, there was also a girl there that Opnauticus was rather fond of and she him. While in Ivarsted he tried to listen in if there was any new gossip, and as he suspected there was. "I hear that there was a Necromancer around Skyrim, searching for the mercenary camp. Not sure what for though..." an elderly lady was saying to a much younger one, "We have Werewolves, Vampires, Trolls, Dragons and now a necromancer wandering around... Skyrim is just not what it used to be..." the other replied with a sigh. With this bit of information tucked away he set off for Riften. He reached it be mid morning the next day and waited around 'till midnight gathering more information.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
    The Dragon stopped in his tracks about halfway down the path from the tower that joined with the ordinary path, and sniffed. "Hmm...I don't smell any smartness in the air. Subzi's missing." He turned around, saying to the rest of the group to stay where they were, and went back inside, in time to see Subzi walking off. "Subzi, come back here you snide, sniveling, snot-rag, before I break your neck and feed you to the school of slaughterfish in Lake Honrich! That's an order, or you can forget about your share being any more than ten coin!" said the Dragon with an air of malice in his cold and terrifying voice.

JBar2531

Marcus headed towards Riften, trailing behind Opnauticus. But when Opnauticus stopped in Ivarstead, Marcus continued his journey to Riften. Marcus was getting ready to enter the gates as a thief came running out of the city. Marcus let him go, he didnt want to have bad blood with the Thieves Guild, as he wanted to meet with their master about the current job. As he was crossing the little bridge outside of the Bee and Barb, he noticed a woman in Thieves Guild armor. He nonchalantly took a seat next to her.
    "Ah a member of the Thieves Guild. Just what I was looking for. Is there any way I can talk to the Guild Master? I need to discuss something with her."

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Servina had, had enough of Mathis so she exited the room leaving him there, as anger began to build up inside of her. Servina entered the Cistern and looked round to see everyone running round, some playing practical jokes on eachother and some were counting gold coins. Servina then walked around with the notes which Mathis tryed to stop her write round to some of the members. Mathis could talk to her whenever, but Servina had just got frustraated with him.
    " Everyone fun time is over, now go and do your jobs! Make sure they are done propaly!" Servina said in anger, not wanting to get in trouble with any of her clients.

Artemis Shadows

The Watcher
    Ivory casually looked at the stranger with curiosity. He reeked of death, an assassin no doubt. If you have a tongue and a mouth, you can certainly talk to our Guild Master” she said teasingly “Lot’s of people wish too speak to her however, and I cannot just let you parade on in without an appointment or a good reason, so tell me. assassin..what is so important that a member of the Dark Brotherhood would come to visit the Guild, hm?” Ivory spoke in a whisper now. She was genuinely curious as to the reason. She’d never spoken to a member of the Dark Brotherhood, she’d seen them more than a few times, simply as a result of her being in the same location as them and at the same time...but none the less. As far as she knew, these assassins were known to work only within their guild so why were they coming to Riften to speak with Servina? Ivory’s eyes, by now, were practically gleaming with interest.

Subzi stopped in his tracks, smirked and wiped his nose mockingly, looking over at the guy near the door and saying quietly "Snot nose? I don't see any..." cutting himself short then half turning to Dragon. "Dragon, let me preface this by saying I respect you, and I respect your position but no man is my master. You are just as much an employee on this job as I am." Subzi turned to look at Dragon directly, "Don't break your own neck throwing all that weight around, your threats may work on some others but to me they're as intimidating as that school of slaughterfish you mentioned out of water. There is a reason even you say I'm one of the best mercenaries here," Subzi corrected his bag on his shoulder "And it's not cus I take the best "orders"." Subzi looked directly into Dragon's eyes "So we can finish the job and make the client happy, or continue this ego battle. But judged off the sweat I seen dripping from your brow when you walked out of that meeting... I'm fairly sure I know the answer to which one you'd like to do." Dragon looked fierce, brooding, knowing he was right, and knowing Subzi's past of being more of a lone wolf but was always reliable. Dragon walked off after a stern stare, the elderly man near the door joked to Subzi "You have a real problem with authority, my boy." Subzi laughed, patted the man on the back and said "No I don't old timer, I just don't believe in one man's authority over the other. I respect Dragon, I just don't respect the idea of he has some control over any where, what, why and how in my life, especially when he hasn't had one upset client when the job was put in my hands." Subzi pushed open the door and half way out turned back to the old man and said "Plus I don't deal well with attitudes." Then stepped out into the world, but even more importantly the new contract.

(Thats why I didnt put any dialogue, I was trying to get where I'm going with it without stepping to much on his toes but at the same time avoiding dancing around to much on one situation, but noted)

Salms knew what this meant. No more wine for him. "Damn." He marched quickly to his bed and hid the bottle underneath it, collecting the things he needed to make the journey to Riften. When he emerged back into the main room, he saw Subzi and Dragon having a bit of an argument. "They're all fools." He scoffed under his breath, "This is a fool's errand. I'm a fool for going along."

He decided he had nothing better to do and slipped past Subzi as he got his final word in; ready to embark on this new journey. "Necromancers. Bah."

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
    The Dragon turned to face Subzi as he walked out. "Now listen here, Subzi. You might honestly think I have some deep respect for you, you toe-rag, or some great fear of you, but I don't. I could throw you over my head off a cliff without a moment's thought. You either do this the wrong way, or you do it my way. I've known you for years and I'm about as afraid of you as I am of a louse, and respect? Ha! I just went into a room with that necromancer, and the shock of just looking at her, into those icy, loveless eyes, almost killed me. Think what she'll do to some weakling like you. The only thing you're good for is getting us deals, and confusing idiots with tongue-twisters!" he said as he exited the tower to set off on the contract.

"Now Salms here, here's somebody I'm keen on. Strong and constantly drunk. If I die, I'll leave my armour, my sword, and my city of headlice to him. Bah, but it's not bloody likely I'm going to die until I reach old age, and who knows when that'll be! To Riften!"

"Ah," Salms was slightly shocked and even more sickened by Dragons words, but he forced himself to utter the words, "thanks Dragon. I guess." He would never admit it, but Salms kind of liked Dragon for his boldness. He was a good man; a bit dull, but strong and confident all the same. Subzi was smart if not a bit too brash at times. He reminded Salms of his younger brother.

He marched on a bit ahead of the others. "Right then," He called back over his shoulder trying to brush off the fond thoughts he was having of these other mercenaries, "let's not waste any time. The quicker we get done here, the quicker I can sit down with a bottle of wine."

Boudica

English Yao Ming
    Mathis allowed himself to be engulfed by the shadows once more; but he lingered his silken touch on the staff, shivering as some dark power shot through him. Mathis himself was both protected and more susceptible to dark forces as his line of work caused him to be exposed to it daily. But this darkness was different, not natural darkness that almost ran through his veins and pumped his heart...but a unnatural darkness, darkness that accompanies death and decay...

But he scaled high up into the old, vaulted architecture of the cistern as he heard a strange voice outside, above their establishment; not eager or boastful enough for a new recruit, nor demanding enough to be any important clientele...and Mathis knew the voice patterns of all the usual members...
    So who was this...

Hidden in the shadows he crouched, muscles poised and taut as he observed the verbal exchange through the opening in the vaulted ceiling of the cistern. Ivory was the one talking with the stranger and from his high (yet low and inconspicuous), almost ceiling, perch; he watched them with a keen eye.

Who was that?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts