• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I'm not into politics really for this reason- sweeping generalizations on both sides. I understand that each party has a set of beliefs that people generally follow, but it's very important to remember that everyone is an individual. I am a Christian who probably leans towards being a republican on most issues, but at the same time, I am in support of gay marriage and assorted other "liberal" beliefs.

I just had an inkling this might turn into a "which party is better" debate and wanted to get my two cents in before it did turn into that. I think the main issue of the OP is that a hate crime was committed- does it really matter what party those kids currently associate with, or which one they'll associate with in the future? Nope, not really. Hate is hate, doesn't matter who it's coming from, and it's wrong no matter what.

I hope the girl(s) were okay, OP. It really is unbelievable how mean kids (people in general?) can be sometimes.

Sorry Kylee, but I have to disagree with you somewhat here. When it comes down to issues like this, it will inevitably lead to where the intolerance comes from. The girls (attackers) themselves may not even be decided yet on where they are politically, but the intolerance (of the religious right in this case), enables this kind of behavior. One thing is for sure: the victims were just pushed to the far left because of what happened to them.

I know there are many more good Christians out there than there are bad ones, but the much of the leadership still preaches intolerance. It isn't right.

KaitoGhost

Sea Sponge First Mate
The vast majority of democrats and atheists don't call people "fag" when they are referring to the homosexual lifestyle. I have nothing to prove here. It's obvious that extreme right wingers are the ones against gays. It isn't that hard to see.

Must be nice to only see or hear what you want to.

KaitoGhost

Sea Sponge First Mate
You're supposed to wear your hat on your head.

I'll ask again. Open your eyes, lass.

You come in here, knowing only what Lifts told us all. You automatically jump to the conclusion that these kids must be Republicans, based ONLY on the opinion that Democrats are incapable of being cruel towards other people. An extremely foolish belief. Imp hit the nail on the head. This had nothing to do with politics. This had to do with High School Queens on a power trip, trying to make themselves feel better by tearing another person down. An act that is common throughout the ENTIRE human race, not just those with conservative viewpoints.

You are one of the "Us versus Them" people. Your mind is closed tightly shut, just as tightly as any rightwing nutjob. You claim an open mind, tolerance for all, but in all reality, it's either your way, or the highway. You can't deny it, lass, every political related post I've seen you write proves it. You are part of the problem. There is no compromise in you, no willingness to take the middle ground. You reject conservative beliefs simply because they come from conservatives, without taking the time to actually analyze any of it. If someone doesn't agree with you, than they are wrong, stupid, and need to change.

I'm not telling you to turn into a Republican, gods know they are just as bad. I'm just asking you to take off the rose colored glasses, take an actual look around, and stop blanketing everything that's bad into the opposing political viewpoint. It's bad for progress.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I'll ask again. Open your eyes, lass.

You come in here, knowing only what Lifts told us all. You automatically jump to the conclusion that these kids must be Republicans, based ONLY on the opinion that Democrats are incapable of being cruel towards other people. An extremely foolish belief. Imp hit the nail on the head. This had nothing to do with politics. This had to do with High School Queens on a power trip, trying to make themselves feel better by tearing another person down. An act that is common throughout the ENTIRE human race, not just those with conservative viewpoints.

You are one of the "Us versus Them" people. Your mind is closed tightly shut, just as tightly as any rightwing nutjob. You claim an open mind, tolerance for all, but in all reality, it's either your way, or the highway. You can't deny it, lass, every political related post I've seen you write proves it. You are part of the problem. There is no compromise in you, no willingness to take the middle ground. You reject conservative beliefs simply because they come from conservatives, without taking the time to actually analyze any of it. If someone doesn't agree with you, than they are wrong, stupid, and need to change.

I'm not telling you to turn into a Republican, gods know they are just as bad. I'm just asking you to take off the rose colored glasses, take an actual look around, and stop blanketing everything that's bad into the opposing political viewpoint. It's bad for progress, lass.

Nonsense.

You don't know me, what I've been through, or why I have such strong political beliefs, and you obviously haven't seen all of my political posts. I have strong opinions. I respect your right to disagree with me.

I have plenty of conservative friends too. They just don't get all butt-hurt when I voice my opinions.

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
Hey everyone well I have no news on the girl as she didn't come in today but I heard from one of her neighbours she was apparently screaming and her parents had to call a doctor. This morning apparently the girl refused to get out of bed and she was throwing up every where apparently and she was really distraught like she disabled her Facebook account, twitter, Instagram the lot. The girls were happy though and my friend who is year 9 punched the ring leader in the nose and my friend apparently fought back and the ring leader ended up with a black eye so kudos to her!

Did I read right earlier you are from England.

Lifts-Her-Tail

OrexxerO

Somewhere in the bible it also says that men are not allowed to trim their beards or shave their heads, but I've yet to be smited down by God each time I've shaved.

You are correct, thats the old testament laws in leviticus I think. I could be wrong I didn't check. Most christian faiths believe the Old Testament as truth but that Christ brought us to a higher law that the Jews at the time weren't ready for. IF you read in the old testament, Moses came down with other tablets first other then the 10 commandments and "law of moses" as it was to be known. They weren't ready, so he smashed them and was given a way way way stricter set of rules and laws that they had to follow.

Also, my church as most churches, don't all conform to the same exact doctrines anyways. Not all christian churches even believe God still holds the law against gays as true. But the majority do, and my church falls into that category.

(also, adolf, that sig is fricken creepy)

KaitoGhost

Sea Sponge First Mate
Nonsense.

You don't know me, what I've been through, or why I have such strong political beliefs, and you obviously haven't seen all of my political posts. I have strong opinions. I respect your right to disagree with me.

I have plenty of conservative friends too. They just don't get all butt-hurt when I voice my opinions.

That's your rebuttal? "Nonsense. You don't know me"?

*facepalm*

You're right. I don't know you, only what you post here. However, unless you're one of those people who are completely different when online (which I doubt), then I can get a pretty good idea.

You're right, I don't know what you've been through. I don't care, either. Everyone goes through rough spots, myself included. Some worse than others, aye, but does having a crappy childhood make it okay for you to call everyone who disagrees with you evil?

You came into a thread about 2 poor girls getting bullied at school, and turned it into a place for you to rant about how dastardly and sinister Republicans are, then got upset when I called you out on your narrow viewpoint.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
That's your rebuttal? "Nonsense. You don't know me"?

*facepalm*

You're right. I don't know you, only what you post here. However, unless you're one of those people who are completely different when online (which I doubt), then I can get a pretty good idea.

You're right, I don't know what you've been through. I don't care, either. Everyone goes through rough spots, myself included. Some worse than others, aye, but does having a crappy childhood make it okay for you to call everyone who disagrees with you evil?

You came into a thread about 2 poor girls getting bullied at school, and turned it into a place for you to rant about how dastardly and sinister Republicans are, then got upset when I called you out on your narrow viewpoint.

And YOU are coming to narrow conclusions about ME.

Irish

Thane of Solitude
Politics really has no part in this, kyleekay is right. Hate has and knows no color, no religion, no political party affiliation, nor any other demographic. Hate is hate is hate, no matter who or where it comes from.

OrexxerO

Only if your buying.