• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
This thread, my fellow Hoarders, is dedicated to discuss our obsession.

There's always that one thing we HAVE to pick up, NO MATTER HOW MANY WE HAVE. For me? Health potions. Doesn't matter what the type is... ultimate, minor, extreme, whatever. I see a health potion, I take it. I buy every single one I can find at an alchemist. At one point (before I finished the main quest, anyway) I had over TWO HUNDRED health potions. I take pleasure in browsing through my Potions list because of all my shiny red bottles of awesomness. :p

I frequently found myself being over-encumbered, even when I had hardly picked up any loot. Why? I HAD OVER 100 POUNDS OF JUST HEALTH POTIONS. Not even counting the dozens of potions I make on a daily basis in my game! JUST health potions = 100+ pounds. WUT.

So, tell me your obsession so I can feel less horrible about myself. :D

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
Contracts. I have a nasty habit of angering people, so of course hired thugs are always after me... I like to know who I annoyed, so I always pick up the contracts and read them. I'm hoping to do something a bit more productive with them and beat up the people who send the thugs, but I haven't decided on what to do for essential characters yet :b

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
For me it's soul gems, jewels and scrolls. I have SOOOOOO many of both. I used to collect potions, but once I started making them myself, now I only collect Utlimate's, invisibilities and poisons.

SlaveIITheGame

Anything edible, so herbs and food. I know there are some favourite types of potions I like using such as the health/stam/magicka, I've never gotten around to learning the herbs I should pick for them. Always end up going out of my way to get every herb.

RY14NCE

Dragonborn
Any kind of jewel. Vendors never have enough gold to buy them all, so I end up with a loads filling display cases in my house.

Until I leave and re-enter my house and all my gems have somehow fallen through the display case and are lying on the floor underneath.

Daelon DuLac

Anything edible, so herbs and food. I know there are some favourite types of potions I like using such as the health/stam/magicka, I've never gotten around to learning the herbs I should pick for them. Always end up going out of my way to get every herb.
OH! I so agree on the herbs and alchemy stuff. I collect all kinds of it and always have a huge supply. I also have a habit of buying out the apothocaries and selling them my old potions to pay for it. Then, about once a week I create a couple hundred potions and the process starts again.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Any kind of jewel. Vendors never have enough gold to buy them all, so I end up with a loads filling display cases in my house.

Until I leave and re-enter my house and all my gems have somehow fallen through the display case and are lying on the floor underneath.

I used to collect all jewels in Oblivion too... I had the shack in the Imperial City Waterfront and I'd put them in a big clay bowl by the door. Nice to see them all sparkling in one big pile. :)

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Daggers, fl*ffing daggers. I've always had this problem where if someone(everyone) has a dagger, even the lowly iron, I have to grab it, my house always has a chest full of daggers man.

Does anybody know how I can actually place things in bowls, troughs and on shelves? I'm on PS3 and things can be removed, but not put on.
pick the item up using the same button as usual but hold the button down. Then walk the item into position. I think that you need to drop the item then leave/reenter the house before placing it though or it'll just be placed where you originally dropped it the next time you visit.

Daelon DuLac

pick the item up using the same button as usual but hold the button down. Then walk the item into position. I think that you need to drop the item then leave/reenter the house before placing it though or it'll just be placed where you originally dropped it the next time you visit.
Not easy on the PS3. Will have to practice! Thank you.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Outfits. Every type of clothing, boots, shoes, gauntlets, gloves, armor and shields I can get my grubby little paws on. I want to be able to dress like anybody I feel like, or have my follower have a particular look.

ALCOHOL. There are certain hard to get bottles that I MUST have. Cyrodilic brandy is (I think) only carried by one of the wedding guests you randomly encounter on the road. I have been most fortunate to encounter them twice with this character and successfully picked it both times. Killing the guy to get it is an option, but a desperate one.

Dwarven Centurion dynamos. Because they look cool. There's also a use for them and one of these days I'll get around to it.

Dwarven ingots. Dunno why. I grab scrap in every dwemer ruin and smelt it down. I average 100 ingots a trip. Sell it? Perish the thought. Because ONE OF THESE DAYS I'll find a use for it.

The usual ingredients, jewels, jewelry and gems that most people collect.

Anything that's one of a kind or very rare, like books or artifacts. I even grabbed the Falmer Blood Elixir (located in Haelga's bunkhouse in her room) that Brynjolf was scamming with.

Statues of Dibella. Only found one so far that I didn't have to steal to get. The other two are, unfortunately, quest related. I got one of them but when I set it on my table in Breezehome it disappeared one day.

Elsweyr Fondue. Because I have a strange addiction to it. I love to make it and put it away, 'cause, y'know ... one of these days ...

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
Staff member
Off the top of my head here are a few things I horde shamelessly

For my one character FOOD. Well Food and any alcohol that no average Joe-Shmo is carrying around. I have so much food that I always fins myself over encumbered. I love making all these stews and such but can never find enough salt piles to use up all my ingredients. Maybe its the role-playing factor that no matter what i'm going, what quest I'm on, where I am I like to eat at least twice preferably three times a day. One of my favorites is Elsweyr Fondue, Honey pots. (Each of my characters seems to have a favorite sweet tree and have hoards and hoards of that certain treat.)

The next one would be clothing. Anytime I can find a new outfit or really any type of anything that is wearable I will try it on and go prancing around in it the next time I get to town. I'm a little weird in the way that I very carefully sort each different sort/category these. I would much rather not pick up something of value I have seen before and will just sell than dump a few new outfits. This also includes necklaces, circlets, rings, and any of that jazz. (I like to also have one of each holds uniforms. You know just cuz.)

And then there are... the books. This, this right here is a real problem. I have way to many books. It seems everytime I put a book on a book shelf I will find another copy of this book and assuming I don'd have it i'll pick it up and put it on another shelf. I end up having way to many copies of some of these books. way to many.

I'm sure there are many other things but I think these are the main ones :)

Irish

Thane of Solitude
Alchemy ingredients. I have HUNDREDS of them that are either on my person or stored at my house, but I never use them for anything. Their sole purpose is to simply weigh me down or sit and collect dust, it seems. I *think* I'm going to need the ingredient/herb for something sometime, so I obtain it, store it, then promptly forget it ever existed.

Karen

boop.
Their sole purpose is to simply weigh me down or sit and collect dust, it seems. I *think* I'm going to need the ingredient/herb for something sometime, so I obtain it, store it, then promptly forget it ever existed.
That's mainly my problem. I think I'm going to need everything, but I'm also notoriously stingy and don't use anything unless I'm on the brink of death or something. So, potions, food, alchemy ingredients all have a permanent spot in my inventory, until I come across something I really want and don't have space for - then I stand there and binge-eat/drink everything until I have room for it.

Same with soul gems. I always think, "I'm never not going to need soul gems, they're so damn useful", but then I just let them pile up in my inventory because I don't want to "waste" them.

That, and I also like to 'blend in' when I'm in town, so I always have a bunch of outfits and boots in my inventory. In every color, shape and style, even though I only wear the one set.

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
Dwarven Centurion dynamos...they just look cool cos they glow, my basement in of my houses is literaly filled with them...and skulls, human or troll they both look cool, my house in whiterun i turned my childs bedroom into a skull room they are stacked in a pile in the middle of the room, lol it scares bandits away at least that what i tell myself lol

Falmer19

I have to have absolutely anything that is unique, every potion imaginable, jewels, ebony weapons, armor sets and scrolls. I tell my self in dungeons, "I sell this off and make a fortune!", but it just gets thrown in my chest. It gets to a point where you can never sell it. I once walked from my house in the pale to whiterun with 6,000 encumbrance. I have an issue

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
That reminds me, I'm ALSO a huge ingredient hoarder. I pick every flower and mushroom I see, and will sometimes even jump off my horse to grab them. I buy EVERY ingredient at every single merchant. Money is not an issue for me, since I have probably 160,000 gold, so I just buy every ingredient I want.

I hoard them, but I also put them to good use. I tend to hoard HUNDREDS of ingredients and then do one big alchemy session. :D

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Currently I have a little over 800 thousand septims, with thousands of gems. That Prowler's Profit makes gems everywhere, I hoard them all. Every house I go into, every cave, every fort and ruin, I walk out with loads of gems, heaps of flawless and standard.

I kind of hoard everything, since I no longer sell. I have an OCD storage system in the basement of one of my houses.

The question is more, what don't I hoard.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts