• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

So, which house do you prefer?

• Total voters

Coddod

I finished the Blood On the Ice quest and got Hjerim. Gold isn't currently a problem so I fully furnished it, but after a while I started to wonder if a better place to reside is Honeyside. Riften is one of my favorite cities, and the house outdoors looks more fitting for me than the grand and creepy Hjerim. I'm still a bit in doubt, so which house do you think I should choose?

Chryss

I had both houses and although the Rften house is no bigger than a walk in closet it has everything you need right there. My favorite house has to be the Solitude House followed by the Markarth house coming in as a close second. I would like Hijerm more if everything worked. (weapon racks etc, dagger cases work in the bedroom but then you cant get your daggers back) So it kinda ruined it for me.

Ffxij

I've been living at honey side for a while, i just bought solitude, but was disappointed with the layout. I like keeping all my smithing gear right next to the door (so if I'm over-encumbered I can make it to the shop a little easier) and all my alchemy/enchanting ingredients and gear right near the tables. There is no storage anywhere close to the tables in solitude. I don't have hjerim yet, but I would say the most "pleasant" place to live is probably whiterun.

Seth

The Skrimmer
Honeyside is way better, Alot more convenient for the market ect and when you fast travel to riften it's literally seconds away down the little path to your right.

Halkin

pzzzztt
I had both houses and although the Rften house is no bigger than a walk in closet it has everything you need right there. My favorite house has to be the Solitude House followed by the Markarth house coming in as a close second. I would like Hijerm more if everything worked. (weapon racks etc, dagger cases work in the bedroom but then you cant get your daggers back) So it kinda ruined it for me.

if the markarth house had a balcony it would be truly great, imagine looking out over the valley, chilling in a chair with some skooma

ExOxS

Sir Smoove
The Riften house for sure.

WrxScooby

I <3 My Subaru's
I'm gonna get the riftin house in my current new play through to see what the excitement is about but I have also owned Hjerim and the house in white run and solitude.

I liked the house in solitude for its appearance, size, and location, but I didn't like the layout to big and not really enough to make it beneficial. The house in white run is great if you like smithing cause you have 3 smiths to choose from for buying ores/ingots, but lacks the enchanting table. Hjerim is cool but I can't believe they can't remove the blood off the floor that in a way totally killed it for me and plus I don't like how far away it is from shops and smiths. At least solitude house is clean haha.

WrxScooby

I <3 My Subaru's
Well it must be a glitch cause I completed that qwest line and purchased everything and it's still stained and the enchanting room is trashed I don't like working in messy bloody conditions haha

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
I absolutely adore the Windhelm house and couldn't see myself buying a house anywhere else, be it in Riften, Solitude or elsewhere. But I don't see what's the big deal of having a pretty house.

What are you going to do in there, sit down and have a nice cup of tea? I hardly ever visit my house at all, because I need to fast travel to Windhelm (or whatever city your house is in), and there's a loading screen which takes time, and then you need to enter your house and there really isn't much to do indoors, unless you need enchanting or alchemy, but there are plenty of such locations throughout the game. I only bought my house so I can add special armour and such on the armouries, and to put Daedric artifacts in cases.

WrxScooby

I <3 My Subaru's
Some people like to set their houses up like throphy rooms and such. I just think it plays a small mental part of the game for me, I put effort into making that virtual money to buy it and didn't want it all messy and crap after spending real time to get it. If they just gave you houses I wouldn't care what it looked like.

Teritus

That's fair enough, then. It's just not something that I look upon as important, but others certainly might.

CharlesD

Well it must be a glitch cause I completed that qwest line and purchased everything and it's still stained and the enchanting room is trashed I don't like working in messy bloody conditions haha

You have to pay for the cleanup before the other upgrades I believe.

Chryss

You have to pay for the cleanup before the other upgrades I believe.
Yes, the clean up option is last on the list, so if you power click (from top to bottom) you wont get the option. when my husband bought that house i made him buy from the bottom and when he was done, the house has no blood or bones anywhere. However, the weapon racks and cases do not work. I hope the next patch fixes that. Shame to buy an armory that you can't use.

Teritus

For me, the clean-up option doesn't come up at all, and I've bought all the other upgrades?

Chryss

For me, the clean-up option doesn't come up at all, and I've bought all the other upgrades?
once you buy the other upgrades, the clean up goes away.

Chryss

Yes, but it wasn't there in the first place.
I missed it on my game and my house is a bloody mess, when my husband bought the house, it was the last item on the list. Well, It was for him, not sure what yours had, I know I missed my chance because i didnt scroll down to the bottom of the list.

XhoppX

I like to adorn my walls with various weapons attached to the weapon plaques...my favorite is the weapon/shield plaque...i also prefer the Riften house since you can enter it from the outside and dont have to go into Riften/loading screen/ then into the house/loading screen/