Hitting the Books quest doesn't start

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Yogarasu

I've just finished the Under Saarthal quest and turned it in, but the Arch-Mage doesn't start the Hitting the Books quest. The Saarthal quest in the journal appears finished, but that's it. I tried to speak with Urag gro-Shub, but there is no option to start the next quest.
Any solution would be great...

Long Taffy Treat

Wow, this sounds like a tough one. It seems like you have completed your prerequisites and intersecting quests so your Hitting the Books quest should start. Hmm...have you exhausted all the dialogue options when you talk to Arch Mage Savos Aren? And even the dialogue options for the others in the College? Have you checked around Winterhold and talked to the people there and stepped inside the shops, inns, blacksmith forge, etc? Sometimes talking to the people and visiting the town will provide you with the answer you seek and unlock your quest.
Another thought...Do you have a high bounty at the college or in Winterhold?
-I'm just brainstorming all this-

Yogarasu

Unfortunately I couldn't solve the problem. I had no bounty so it shouldn't be the problem. I talked with everyone at the College and in the village.
I lost my patience and I reinstalled the game, and loaded an earlier save, where the Saarthal quest was waiting for turn in. This solved the problem, and everything worked fine.
But thanks for the brainstorming-

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts