Hircine's Ring Exploit

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ray Stewart

I'm trying to keep the hircine's ring power after curing lycanthropy. I know there was an exploit that lets you do that, but I'm wondering if it got taken out by dawnguard or a patch.

Could someone fill me in on this? I'd really like to be able to turn into either a vampire lord or a werewolf. . .

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
I heard about this and found this:
"In the Tomb of Ysgramor the player can cure themselves of the disease Lycanthropy yet still keep their ability of Werewolf Transformation, this can be achieved by using the ring, and defeating their spirit with their wolf form, it's complicated and may require more than one attempt, but putting the ring back on quickly after the battle is won then leaving the tomb quickly should keep the wolf form available to use." Elderscrolls Wiki

It took me forever but I got it to work. Good Luck

Ray Stewart

Yeah I tried that. The Beastform power stays for a few seconds after the wolf is defeated but no more. I actually got outside with the power but it left after that. What's wrong?

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
I don't know... I did what the Wiki said after a few many times it worked. Noted I had already used my 1 beast form and was thus relying on the ring to transform and I sprinted out of the tomb. I should also say I accomplished prior to patching my game whether or not that affects anything I'm not sure.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
PS3 User so nope :sadface:, I wish I could help more but I have no idea if Dawnguard somehow fixed it. Also If I recall correctly I was on the purity mission for Vilkas at the time (I think) that or he was following me if that has any part in it I don't know (it's been awhile).

Ray Stewart

Yeah, I'm thinking DG took it out. I actually got outside with both beast form and the hircine's ring power, but they go away almost immediately. :sadface:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts