• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ravenna

Its eyes are black, its skin is white
Am I the only one who can't even get characters to level 30?

I've seen quite a few people on here who're level 50+,

how do you guys do it?

Norminator

Hmm, I pretty much play the game?
Only power leveling I do is with smithing and enchanting. Other than that it's just a matter of going out on adventures, get lost in the world and all its caves, forts, ruins, cities etc :D

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
It's just a matter of using your skills. Higher level characters have most or all of their skills leveled up into the 60+ range. To get to 81 you need to level ALL skills to 100.

Beran

Official Writing Team
I just get lost in the wilderness, come back about 4 days later, and I'm +10 levels.

redrkt

Premium Member
same here, I have found almost every location just by going wandering and have "cleared" most of them and picked up all the quest items as I was able to and now just go see the people I need to see for the quests.

Kuurus

I am 52 and haven't completed the main quest yet. I just play the game and level combat skills. Ever since finishing the Companions questline, I use the free training points every level (I am currently training 5 points of 2H every level just for the advancement, even though I have no plans to ever use one)

I have 1H, Heavy Armor and Block all to 100. Even though I can just melee through a dungeon, I have always used Sneak and Archery when exploring and switched to melee when the enemy closed. I have Sneak at 100 and Archery in the high 80s I think. The only magic I use is Restoration which is at 51. The only other magic increases I have gotten are the occasional book find and maybe 3 or 4 points in Alteration from Transmuting Ore.

I now have Smithing to 85 and Enchanting to 70, but I didn't "power level" them. I didn't want to do either of them early on really as I didn't want to be underpowered in combat. I just saved up ore and hides as I found them and did a little Smithing here and there from time to time for some increases. Enchanting I got to about 50 just from disenchanting stuff and recharging weapons. I finally took a whole bunch of jewelry (I never sell any of it - I have at least 60k worth in an end table in Breezehome) and raised it from 50 to 70 enchanting a WHOLE bunch of rings with waterbreathing (only uses petty gems).

The main thing is I just played. I went out and fought stuff, got skill increases and leveled. I saved all the pertinent loot for 40 something levels (ore, hides, jewels) and then worked on Smithing and Enchanting much later. I have only dabbled in Alchemy, probably 30 something skill atm, but I have a TON of alchemy ingredients and can probably level that pretty easily whenever I feel like doing it for an hour. I never sell any of those either. I save every single one I have ever found.

I really only want/need 6 or 7 more levels to get the Alchemy and Enchanting perks I still want, and then I am done as far as character advancement.

Nick G.

Shield Brother
I'm level 38, and that was just mainly by power leveling my speech and sneak.

I also leveled up my one handed quite a bit by just using a sword all throughout the game.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
Just play your chosen characters a lot, and upgrade your skills, and soon you'll be whatever level you want in no time!

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
On You Tube, iTzYashaBaby has a profile mod that puts you up to level 259. It also opens you in the Hlegen keep with Dwemer chests containing ALL items. ALL weapons, armor, misc, and even the Elder Scroll. Don't know how he did it, but it basically makes you immortal. All skills are maxed. It's fun if your bored, but it does ruin the fun of actually doing the work yourself. For the record, I don't condone it, but it is a very wicked mod for xbox.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
On You Tube, iTzYashaBaby has a profile mod that puts you up to level 259. It also opens you in the Hlegen keep with Dwemer chests containing ALL items. ALL weapons, armor, misc, and even the Elder Scroll. Don't know how he did it, but it basically makes you immortal. All skills are maxed. It's fun if your bored, but it does ruin the fun of actually doing the work yourself. For the record, I don't condone it, but it is a very wicked mod for xbox.

Yea, I've seen that. I would find it pointless. Even on Master the game would be a breeze.

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
Yea, I've seen that. I would find it pointless. Even on Master the game would be a breeze.

It is. It'll suck the fun out of it. I've only seen legit levels up to 81, but I'm not sure. Tried it before a patch early on because I was stuck from completing the main quest. There weren't many details about the mod & when I tried it, I dumped it.

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
Yeah, I see it as a profile mod, that is basically a game hack. Kinda both. I think he hacked to modify the profile, but it more or less performs as a hack. If that even makes sense.

Jersey Dagmar

I always felt Mods changed the game in some way, where as, a hack is actually using what is already in the game. In his supposed 'mod' everything that he has done, can be obtained legit. He just has EVERYTHING. And that everything is maxed out. Just my personal take on it.

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
I always felt Mods changed the game in some way, where as, a hack is actually using what is already in the game. In his supposed 'mod' everything that he has done, can be obtained legit. He just has EVERYTHING. And that everything is maxed out. Just my personal take on it.

I just wonder if he actually played his way to get everything, or if he hacked it to get everything. I think he hooked up a usb keyboard and got into it with the tilde key somehow.

Jersey Dagmar

Yea, he hacked it for sure. To have all the perk trees maxed out, as well as stamina, health, and magicka? I really don't see how fun the game can be after that. I enjoy dying every now and then, makes me change up my strategy when I have to go back into that cave/fort etc...

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
It does, but initially, it was fun to experience what some of the perks were to come. I was able to get experience with the Daedric weapons & armor, which made me decide to pursue the Smithing perks when the 'quest blocking bug" was patched. It was a little fun being able to jump off the Throat of the World and live. I would be overwhelmed by the enemy and I could just stand there and take hits. I could decimate entire villages. Thing like that, I found kinda cool, but it does ruin the challenge and game experience. The self rewarding of leveling up yourself. Actually honestly playing the game is much more fun.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts