• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

kid cutrr

How did you guys get a high enchanting level? I am trying to improve on enchanting but do not want to have to spend alot of money on empty/filled soul gems.

Also what perks did you guys take to improve your enchanting abilities?

Thanks!!

Neriad13

Premium Member
My method for grinding enchanting:

1. Smith a ton of iron daggers. Or just collect all the weapons that enemies drop.
2. Buy every petty soul gem you see. They're usually pretty cheap.
3. Enchant the daggers or weapons with a good enchantment that'll sell for a lot of money. I highly recommend Banish.
4. You can then travel around Skyrim selling your weapons, whilst simultaneously raising your Enchanting, Smithing and wealth.

This is what I always use if I want to make a ton of money fast and the best gear for myself. But...I find that it makes the game pretty easy and kind of boring. When I learn the Banish enchantment, I find myself automatically considering the game won. With my newest character, I've stopped heavy grinding like this and allow her skills to progress in a more natural fashion.

Black-Tongue

Prey approaches...
What Neriad said works
Also, recharging weapons helps too. Try to obtain the black star and then enchant a weapon with soul trap and constantly recharge it on dungeon raids

As far as perks go, use what your character needs. For example, on my pure mage I did not invest in the perks that increase effectiveness of fire frost and shock enchants, because I do not use weapons. For someone who uses weapons, both the midde and left side are valuable. The right side of the tree is not really that important IMO.

dbukalski

Regular enchanting is just finding random soulgems and using them. For powerleveling it helps to be wealthy from alchemy. Then packed with like 300 daggers from smithing. Then go to winterhold and buy lesser/petty FILLED soulgems from all the wizards.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Also what perks did you guys take to improve your enchanting abilities?
If you want to make decent strength enchantments taking 5 Enchanter perks is pretty basic for your Enchanting build. From there it depends on what kind of Enchantments you intend to use and if you want them to be comparable to the strength of the stronger/strongest enchantments you find on weapons. I have no interest in making weapons with 30 plus Fire/Frost/Shock enchantments so I don't have anything from that branch. I did take the Insightful Enchanter, Corpus Enchanter and Extra Effect perks because I did want to have strong Fortify Health, Stamina and Magicka enchantments and Fortify skill enchants and the extra enchantment slots.