Hidden gold! Advice?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Glorfindel

Hi all,

I don't want to cheat and exploit bugs to make gold, but are there any quests that give a genuine hefty gold payment? Or any hidden treasure chests anywhere?!

I want to buy a house and they don't come cheap!

Thx,

Glor x

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
There are a few decent guides on money making here already:
Making Money Without Crafting, Cheating, Or Exploits | Skyrim Forums
How To Get Money ( ALL WAYS ) | Skyrim Forums
100,000 Gold | Skyrim Forums

The end of the Dark Brotherhood questline gives you 20,000 gold, but you'll probably make enough gold during the course of the questline to buy a house.

A lot of the quest gold rewards are level dependent, so when you're lower level you get less gold, and if you did the same quest at a much higher level you might get 5x more gold for it.

Don't know what kind of character you're playing, but you can join the Thieves Guild and progress up until you can sell things to the fence there, Tonilia. She buys stolen items, so you can go to an Alchemist's shop and steal all the very expensive and very low weight potions they have on display on shelves. Then you can go sell them all to Tonilia.

You can make and sell expensive potions with Wheat + Giant's Toe, Blue Butterfly Wing + Blue Mountain Flower, Deathbell + Salt Pile, Canis Root + Swamp Fungal Pod, to name a few expensive potions with easy to obtain ingredients.

You can make, find or buy Iron Daggers, and enchant them with your most expensive enchantment, even with petty gems you will make some quick gold.

And finally, a cheating way to get very quick gold. There is a hidden chest in Dawnstar that belongs to the Khajiit caravan that comes through. It has the sale inventory of the caravan for you to access and take for free, then sell at your convenience. If you want to use this method, search YouTube for Dawnstar Chest, I won't post it in here in case you don't want to know about it.

Glorfindel

Thanks for this. Always a helpful and insightful answer from you Streets!

I think I'll try the enchanting and alchemy route and let you know how I get on!

Glorfindel

I started making money from the enchanting. So thanks!

My enchanting skill is increasing quite a lot.

I guess should take time to balance out my skills though too as, if I have a very high enchanting skill in comparison to my other skills, I may get owned know due to the levelling of enemies?

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
I started making money from the enchanting. So thanks!

My enchanting skill is increasing quite a lot.

I guess should take time to balance out my skills though too as, if I have a very high enchanting skill in comparison to my other skills, I may get owned know due to the levelling of enemies?

Correct, you don't want to level your non-combat skills too much because your overall level will make the bad guys a lot tougher. Make sure you spend some time using your primary combat option, or even use some of the gold you made enchanting to purchase training levels. Otherwise you'll have a difficult time progressing through dungeons and such.

Glad to hear you were able to make some money though, sounds good. Maybe you'll be able to get that house you wanted soon.