hialgoboost installation

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cbulldog22

hey all, i just got skyrim and all i have to play it with is a craptop. i found this mod, called hialgoboost and i just CAN NOT find ANYTHING that works for installing it. i tried to install it by just coping all the files and now the game wont even start! so i undid the copy of the files and it still wont work! pls help!

JClarke1953

Cbulldog22

You're probably going to need to check with laptop/PC user's on these Forum's. Especially since you said "crap top", indicating you're not exactly happy with your equipment. To play Skyrim on either requires specific hardware/software, and I'm thinking Steam will also have a part to play.

Here's this; http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:System_Requirements

And this; http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Elder-Scrolls-Skyrim-System-Requirements-Pete-Hines-RPG,13821.html

by craptop i mean that its not the best laptop there is, sorry for the confusion

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
In the future if you install mods try backing up your folder. For example, if overwriting the DATA folder right click it and make an archive of it. Then if something happens you can just extract it and replace the files you accidentally broke/etc etc.

As for Hialgoboost, when I installed it, I found it to make my game even slower. But firstly, if you have any mods, please make sure your mods are compatible by checking this page;

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15123/?

Next, did you follow the instructions from the file? If you haven't already, set SAFE_MODE1 = true in HiAlgoBoost.ini next make sure you spelled everything correctly in your ProxyLibrary within the. .ini file you have, then verify integrity of game cache, and lastly it is important you update your drives. If you still have problems, can you tell me if, when you were installing this mod, it asked you to overwrite any files? If it did and you said yes, that's your problem. You aren't supposed to. When there is a file that needs to be overwritten you were supposed to do manual editing. Here are the files you aren't supposed to overwrite;

d3d9.dll
dinput8.dll
xinput1_3.dll
d3d9_adapter.dll
HiAlgoBoost.dll
HiAlgoBoost.ini
HiAlgoRegisters.ini
HiAlgo_EULA.txt
HiAlgo_ReadMe.txt (this file, optional)
HiAlgo_TESVcache
HiAlgo_TESVdata
HiAlgo_Uninstall.bat
D3DCompiler_43.dll (optional)

If you have an ENB or something already using a second d3d9 file you can set the proxy so you can use three. Otherwise, they will conflict.

Do you have any more information you can share with the thread? Does it crash upon the game launch or when you try to load/start a new game? Does the crash give you an error report or just closes?

Cbulldog22

In the future if you install mods try backing up your folder. For example, if overwriting the DATA folder right click it and make an archive of it. Then if something happens you can just extract it and replace the files you accidentally broke/etc etc.

As for Hialgoboost, when I installed it, I found it to make my game even slower. But firstly, if you have any mods, please make sure your mods are compatible by checking this page;

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15123/?

Next, did you follow the instructions from the file? If you haven't already, set SAFE_MODE1 = true in HiAlgoBoost.ini next make sure you spelled everything correctly in your ProxyLibrary within the. .ini file you have, then verify integrity of game cache, and lastly it is important you update your drives. If you still have problems, can you tell me if, when you were installing this mod, it asked you to overwrite any files? If it did and you said yes, that's your problem. You aren't supposed to. When there is a file that needs to be overwritten you were supposed to do manual editing. Here are the files you aren't supposed to overwrite;

d3d9.dll
dinput8.dll
xinput1_3.dll
d3d9_adapter.dll
HiAlgoBoost.dll
HiAlgoBoost.ini
HiAlgoRegisters.ini
HiAlgo_EULA.txt
HiAlgo_ReadMe.txt (this file, optional)
HiAlgo_TESVcache
HiAlgo_TESVdata
HiAlgo_Uninstall.bat
D3DCompiler_43.dll (optional)

If you have an ENB or something already using a second d3d9 file you can set the proxy so you can use three. Otherwise, they will conflict.

Do you have any more information you can share with the thread? Does it crash upon the game launch or when you try to load/start a new game? Does the crash give you an error report or just closes?

no it didnt ask me to replace anything and no i didnt do any of the backing up or anything else you said, i just dragged and dropped the files into the folder and the wouldnt start it just said "preparing to launch skyrim" and wouldnt do anything else so i undid the move of the files and it is still getting stuck on that screen

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
Okay, next time you should always back up your files. Either with the official way through Steam or with home-made ways like Archives or copying the folder over to a new directory/folder. This way you can just backup with Steam, extract contents of Archives to replace broken content or drag over to replace broken content.

Here is the information from the official updated read me. Did you try this yet?

HIALGOBOOST said:
=== TROUBLESHOOTING CRASHES ===

Ok, lets try these simple things if anyone is experiencing crashes:
1) Reboot.
2) Uninstall hialgoboost using the batch file and then install again
3) Disable other d3d9 mods (like ENB, injectors, MSAA etc)
4) Disable overlays and monitors.
5) Verify game cache using steam.
6) Make sure you are using the latest hialgoboost (ver 2.2a)
7) Update to latest DirectX and display drivers
8) Disable graphic control panel "enforcements" - set as much to "application settings"

The batch file is the file called "HiAlg_Uninstall.bat" from the download. I know your game says "preparing to start" but this will remove Hialgoboost properly and should let you open your game. If this still doesn't work, definitely verify your cache. It restored my missing files several times when I was learning about mods. If that reports back nothing being wrong, could you take a picture of your directory where you installed the mod (e.i where the launcher is in the install folder)?

Cbulldog22

*UPDATE* thank you all for the help on this and I have gotten it working now :D I uninstall it and then reinstalled it from steam

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts