• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Wolf427

Hey guys,
Alright so I recently got Skyrim and have been playing like crazy, but I seem to have gotten myself in quite a bit of trouble. Somehow in a few towns, I am being pursued by gaurds. Not sure why, cant remember what I did. Probably killed someone stupidly. Anyways, now the whole town takes me as a hostile, I cant do anything in them. I cant finish certain quests because the people I need to talk too are trying to kill me. Such as Jarl in Whiterun. I think the towns I'm taken as a hostile/wanted in are Whiterun, Riften, and Windhelm. I dont want to go to jail, because a lot of my skills are in the 50-60 range. Plus I have several good weapons.
So is there anything I can do, or did I just screw myself over?

thanks!

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
You need to figure out what Holds you have trouble with and then go to the main city for each Hold and a guard will come up and say something like you have committed crimes against the Hold and you will be given the option to pay, or go to jail. Since you are being attacked it means you have a significant jail fine, so maybe build up your gold first before trying to pay the fine.

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
I dont want to go to jail, because a lot of my skills are in the 50-60 range. Plus I have several good weapons.

You only lose progress towards your next skill level on a few skills and you don't lose your weapons. After your sentence, They drop you in front of the Jarl's crib with all your gear and everything equipped. Its not that bad.

NoVa

Bossmer
Going to jail is not as bad as it's made out to be. The skill detriment isn't going to rapidly change the way you play. At most you may lose one level from any given skill, depending on how large your bounty is. If you can't scrounge up the gold to pay the fine, just serve your time. You won't lose your weapons unless they are all stolen; but with a good smithing skill you can make better weapons yourself, anyways. I promise you nothing will happen that you can't make up for in 10 minutes. Also, if you are a member of the Thieves Guild in Riften and have done a few quests for them, there should be a unique dialogue option with the guard that will allow you to easily take care of the bounty in Riften.

Wolf427

Last time I went to jail, I had to steal my stuff back, and none of it was stolen in the first place. Just for good measure, I'll store everything in a chest.
Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it!

NoVa

Bossmer
Last time I went to jail, I had to steal my stuff back, and none of it was stolen in the first place. Just for good measure, I'll store everything in a chest.
Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it!
make sure that chest is part of your house or it is likely to disappear before you retrieve it!

Wolf427

Okay, so I went to Markath to buy a house, had to do a mission for the Jarl. After I did it, there was no longer an option to buy a house, so I went and did some other missions in the town. Long story short, because of that mission, now the gaurds in Markath are after me. I'm starting to get annoyed. Now what do I do?

Wolf427

Alright so I stored everything in the wardrobe inside the riverside shack. Went to jail in all the cities(which was like a total of 6 now), and went back, got all my stuff, and now everything is good! Thanks for the help guys!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts