• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rakmon

So I just bought GOTY Deluxe Oblivion on Steam today. After a three Hour download time, I finally began to play it.

My current thoughts: This was a sickening waste of money why the Hell did I buy this piece of plops

The game constantly freezes, when I'm running at at the lowest settings possible. I have no choice but to exit out of Oblivion and restart the game.. over and over and over. I haven't even been able to make it out of the Sewers yet. Plus, for some reason, it seems only to allow two Save slots. When I got off to let my brother play, as the game autosaved, he eventually got off. When I went back to play, my saves were completely gone. Now after playing until the game froze, I went back on, clicked load, and his saves were gone, replaced by mine. is there any way I can fix this?

EDIT: Luckily, I was able to figure out that with manual saves, you do not overwrite your most recent save file. Is there any way to be able to fix the quicksaving thing?

butcherpete2277

Suthay-raht
What are you computer specs? Oblivion has never frozen for me...

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
So I just bought GOTY Deluxe Oblivion on Steam today. After a three Hour download time, I finally began to play it.

My current thoughts: This was a sickening waste of money why the Hell did I buy this piece of pl***

The game constantly freezes, when I'm running at at the lowest settings possible. I have no choice but to exit out of Oblivion and restart the game.. over and over and over. I haven't even been able to make it out of the Sewers yet. Plus, for some reason, it seems only to allow two Save slots. When I got off to let my brother play, as the game autosaved, he eventually got off. When I went back to play, my saves were completely gone. Now after playing until the game froze, I went back on, clicked load, and his saves were gone, replaced by mine. is there any way I can fix this?

EDIT: Luckily, I was able to figure out that with manual saves, you do not overwrite your most recent save file. Is there any way to be able to fix the quicksaving thing?

Can you also tell us what the version number is on the game? I would only assume it'd be fully patched, but who knows.

Rakmon

I don't know how to tell, though yeah, I'd assume it's fully patched since I bought the GOTY Delxue off of Steam.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
How about your computer specs? Graphics card especially. I can try to find out if there's some known issues. And the version number for your graphics driver.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
If your game keeps freezing, what I'm wondering is how you afforded to buy Oblivion when your computer probably cost less.

My computer isn't the best, and it runs oblivion on Ultra (with several graphic mods installed)

So, solution: Get a better computer.

Sorry.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Play on the lowest possible settings. I had to do that with my old machine. still good, but then you end up playing for the story. I think you have to upgrade I dont know mine only lagged out doors cause of the swaying grass...

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Turning off weather and grass can make a huge performance difference without the visuals suffering too horribly if you have a system right on the edge of being able to play. I think I've played every single ES title on a machine that was technically below the specs and enjoyed myself thoroughly.