Help with Windhelm House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (PS3)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

chris wured

will bethesda fix the blood on the ice quest for people who already started it???? I want this house super bad but when a dragon attacked it killed Viola. Now i can't continue with the quest, but the patch 1.5 said that you could continue without her. When I talk to the steward for help he still wants me to talk to her. WHAT DO I DO HELPPP PLEASE, is there any cheats or glitches I can do to get my house. My housecarl lives in my house and has its own bedroom like WTF!?

Necromis

I am gonna answer this since no one else has taken the time to reply. The sad answer for you, is no, none of the patches will fix currently saved games. The patches only work on NEW play throughs. So you will not get the house on this play through but only on future play throughs.

Necromis

I understand your frustration, but look at it from a programing stand point. Your game already has saved data in it that is coded one way, the patches changes that code in the master game files, but not in each individual game save. Your save file is no longer accessing the game files for those quests but the files in the save, so those changes are not noticed.

Gowsh

Old Fart
I completed the quest, but was not offered the house. I wanted it badly as well, to complete the set.

I've chosen to take this as a personal insult from Ulfric Stormcloak.

Therefore, I've joined the Imperial army (as Dragonborn, I previously considered myself above such political tomfoolery) and am hoping to eventually take Windhelm and oust Ulfric so I can buy the house from the new Jarl. I'm finding it an entertaining bit of role playing so far.

When possible, make lemonade. :)

Necromis

You do know just completing that quest does not give you the option of getting that house, you have to do other services for the jarl first.

Gowsh

Old Fart
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I did four or five jobs for the steward. Ulfric himself didn't offer me quests.

I helped people all over the town.

Nothing.

I think it might've been because I wouldn't take the oath and join the Stormcloaks.

The Dragonborn will not be disrespected. :)

Necromis

Hjerim is purchasable having sided with either The Empire or Stormcloaks. Once allied with the Stormcloaks, the Fort Neugrad mission must be completed before Jorleif will make the house available for sale. However, once Falkreath Hold has been given to the Imperial Legion as part of Season Unending, it may be necessary to liberate Hjaalmarch before Jorleif will make this house available. If The Empire is chosen as an ally, then the defeat of the Stormcloaks is required before it is available to buy.
From the wiki so you know why you cannot get the house.

GAMER OF FORTUNE

You HAVE TO join the stormcloaks and and do the first mission to be able to unlock this house for sale OR efeat the stormcloaks, you might also want to finish the blood on the ice quest to stop future glitches inside the house...(SORRY NO SPOILERS)

Long Taffy Treat

GAMER FOR FORTUNE wrote: "You HAVE TO join the stormcloaks and and do the first mission to be able to unlock this house for sale..."

This is not true. I 'failed to join Stormcloaks' when I chose to join the Imperials, and I own a house in every major city. Houses are obtained -purchased- in cities by/after helping the people and the jarl out with their quests, side quests, and miscellaneous quests.

I'm not happy to have failed the Join the Stormcloaks quest. And upon my next play through of Skyrim I will see if one can complete both quests: Joining The Stormcloaks and Join the Imperials. Or maybe you can only pick one. I don't know.

Necromis

and as I posted, you have to either join the stormcloaks or complete the imperial questline to get that house, in your case you completed the imperial questline.

GAMER OF FORTUNE

GAMER FOR FORTUNE wrote: "You HAVE TO join the stormcloaks and and do the first mission to be able to unlock this house for sale..."

This is not true. I 'failed to join Stormcloaks' when I chose to join the Imperials, and I own a house in every major city. Houses are obtained -purchased- in cities by/after helping the people and the jarl out with their quests, side quests, and miscellaneous quests.

I'm not happy to have failed the Join the Stormcloaks quest. And upon my next play through of Skyrim I will see if one can complete both quests: Joining The Stormcloaks and Join the Imperials. Or maybe you can only pick one. I don't know.

Sorry, was meant to write or side with the legion and defeat the stormcloaks, my plopsty internet

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts