Help with understanding save files

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Hello before i say anything might i add this is my first post and i just made this account and i plan on posting more. I love skyrim, one of the best rpgs ive played and ive played alot from runescape, oblivion, all the fables, diablo 1 and 2 (not three XD), WOW, LoL, the fallouts (i know not all rpgs but you get ma drift ima gamer). My concern like many is the increasing save files in skyrim and honestly i dont understand how they even work. Ive researched tons of stuff and tried to reduce my save file from ridding all the items ive been hoarding in my houses and waiting 30 days that didnt seem to help just helped it not be as choppy. But blah blah ranting my basic questions for you folks is how do the save files work? does it increase everytime you save even without knew data to save (new items etc etc)? My mage is level 61 and at 14mb which is pretty good considering its my first real character. Do main questlines add to the mb file size? because i have a save from lvl 59 and i was only at 11mb then but i didnt do that much parts of the quests.

My game minus the couple loading screen freezes every once and a while and some choppy lag in towns or in those big fights i havent had too much of a problem with my character. My only concern is with the dlc coming out soon how much more will my size file exceed? I want to be able to get level 81 on this character and beat all the DLC do you think thats possible if im already on 14 mb in vanilla skyrim? why can some peoples game mess up at 8mb and then some people can have 20mb and be fine? I just want to better understand how this works and to better understand what is a too big of a save file? is 14mb too high? because i really love my character destroys everything on master and id hate to have to restart once the game locks up like ive heard it doing the more you play. oh and all this is on ps3. and im really sorry if this has been posted a thousand times i just want to understand this a little better and hear your experiences like is it possible to have a 30mb game with no problems? thank you guys and if i posted in wrong area please correct me im new here XD

and im sorry if this is a stupid thread cause theirs no real answers but id like to hear anyone who rocks 15+ mb games with no real major issues. is it possible to rock a 40mb game and still be able to play it?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts