Help with the thieves guild quest line.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nulgath

Hey guy's, i'm new here and i need some help with the thieve's guild questline.
I have completed 'Loud and clear' , the quest where you have to go burn the beehives and break into goldenglow estate and when i returned to Brynjolf he told me Maven black briar wanted to speak to me but he didnt give me the quest 'Damped sprits' which was the next one and now all he says is 'sorry lad, i've got important things to do, we'll talk later' but he never talks to me. I've tried reloading to an earlier save but it dosent work.

Is there anyway to fix this glitch or doe's anyone know if they will fix it in the next patch, because i dont want to go back to an even earlier save to try all the quest again, because i have so much good gear and i dont want to throw it all away.

Demented_Demon

Full time badass
can you activate your last guild quests and use the Clairvoyancespell? Also, have you talked to Maven about the quest yet? Because i think she was the one i had to talk to after i completed it.

Nulgath

I loaded a file which is about to talk to brynjolf and tell him the quest is complete, i load that many times but i didnt work so i just carried on playing and got some amazing gear now and i dont want to start again just cause of the thieves guild, but i really want to do it because i did the quests up to when you fight mercer on my cousins account and i want to do it on mine to get the nightingale items.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Did you ask Brynjolf why Maven wants to meet with you? It's an essential dialogue to trigger the quest.

Nulgath

Yh i've loaded the save before and tried all three options but still no quest, oh well i guess i'll just wiat till they try to ptach it :p