PC Help with system requirements.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ZombieTrash143

Hellish rock-and-roll Freak
So I'm going to get Skyrim for PC. I was looking at the system requirements and I have no idea if my current laptop will handle it as I'm in no way technically literate.

I have an Acer Aspire 5551, I have no intention of buying a new laptop, because they're too damn expensive. Will it be able to handle Skyrim? I don't want to buy it and then realise I can't run it.

Thanks in advance!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
That laptop's standard configuration uses ATI Radeon 4250 onboard graphics which aren't meant to handle video games that are demanding on the graphics processing power of the laptop. You can still get the game to run if you tweak the settings but the graphics are going to be inferior to a gaming console. This video was posted on Youtube by a player with the same onboard graphics card and shows how the game looks, and this video shows what he did to get the game to run with stable playable frame rates.

ZombieTrash143

Hellish rock-and-roll Freak
Thanks Dagmar :)

I think I'll make the tweaks. Or at least get someone who knows what they're doing to :) can't handle graphics like that lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts