Help With My Illusion Assassin?!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Renji

Hi guys.

So, i made a Khajiit and i want to play as the illusion assassin type. I made an assassin/thief before but never bothered to use any magic like alteration restoration or illusion. So i decided i'd make one now but i need help with a few things:

1. What guardian stone should i choose?
-The illusion assassin, in my opinion, is balanced in all three classes(warrior, thief, mage). It uses illusion and enchanting for magic, one handed and smithing for warrior, and sneak and light armor for thief. So im not sure which stone to choose :/

2. What should my magic/health/stamina ratio be?
- i was thinking 40/20/40

3. What tree branch for smithing? Left or right?
-Light armor is on the left, which is what my armor type will be, but the right side has the daedric daggers....im thinking right side because ill have nightingale armor/DB armor instead of elven and stuff...

I know this is a lot but i really need help with this! I'd be much appreciated if someone could answer these! Thanks :)

Verses

1 - either 'mage' or 'thief' stone if you want to train one of those faster, and of course the 'steed' stone if you want to wear heavy armor (which i wouldn't recommend)
2 - 40/20/40 sounds good to me
3 - I'd not yet upgrade smithing as you'll find good weapons to use pretty fast...but if you're going to use nightingale armor you will need the 'arcane' smithing perk. (eventually i would take the right branch if you don't manage to find a daedric dagger somewhere (ebony daggers are almost as good as daedric)

hope that helps:)

i myself am sort of a mage/assassin type.
I also chose many enchant perks for great enchantments so i can use illusion spells cheaper, have higher one handed damage and increased magicka and stamina (or health whatever you want)
so really recommend enchantment sooner or later.

Chokain

Lover stone 15% to all skills, you will use a litte bit of everything.

40/40/20 imo stam isn't as important in this build

Smithing go right I wouldn't worry to much about getting the best armor as you really shouldn't be getting hit. I got to lvl 50 in hide armor with this class.

Necromis

couple of things, first agreed the lover's stone is a good over all stone to use. Secondly, I would forget the right side and go up the left side of the smithing tree. You will be using light armour from the start and using spells and daggers to kill things. With the sneak skills and armour enchantments you will be doing overkill dagger damage. I would suggest getting started on the DB questline as soon as possible. They have both mage and warrior gear to help you sneak and cast spells. Note on the mage gear Astrid doesn't give it to you, it is located on the book case in the same room she meets you in and where the map is located on the table. Lastly I would concentrate mostly on magicka and stamina before health. You won't be built to handle a stand up fight, and will need to strategically withdraw(run away run awawy) and stamina will make you out last them with sprinting. So I would say 40/20/40. Plus with a higher stamina you will be able to carry more loot from the dungeons.

Renji

Ok thanks guys! And one more thing i want to be using the invisibility cloak to sneak around and attack. Will this spell be only available in the College of Winterhold?i cannot find it anywhere.

Verses

You can purchase it from Drevis Neloren once you get around 75+ illusion

plus i forgot, i recommend you to get the 'silent casting' perk...otherwise enemies can hear you casting spells (with it they cannot)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts