Help With My Character Please!!! Im New. :)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

pezza

I want an orc that uses 2x1h swords, i like sneaking around and pickpocketing but i dont want to use a bow. So what should i take, warrior or theif stone, and also light or heavy armor?

Thanks

Varien

Throne of Crows
Heavy Armour is the best if you spend points on it's perk tree. The theif stone is probably a better choice in my opinion because those skills will generally take longer to level up than those under the warrior stone anyway.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Sneaking and pickpocketing are pretty easy to level up. So personally, I would get the warrior stone out of the two, and spend coin on trainers to boost my one-handed / armor of choice between levels.

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
if your doing an orc, heavy armor warrior stone is your best bet cuz starting out your gonna be fighting a ton of people so its probably best if you wait till later in your career to start sneaking around and pickpocketing

VolenKiller

The Idealist
Be an argonian. Go for the lover stone in markarth, all skills raise 15% fast (or mabey its 10) . And 2x1h is fine for sneak, but i recomend either two daggers or a 1h weapon in your left hand and a dagger in your right

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
If you're set on wearing heavy armor and sneaking, I'd recommend starting with the Steed Stone, which gives an extra 100 units to your carrying capacity, removes the speed penalty from wearing armor, and makes worn armor weigh nothing. Otherwise, you'll have a hard time raising your Sneak skill, since you'll be easily detected by most enemies thanks to the noise your armor makes. Once you've gotten your Sneak skill to a good number and have taken a few of the perks to improve it even further, you can switch to a different stone and be somewhat safe when it comes to sneaking in heavy armor.

XbSuper

I would take light armor, however taking the light armor side of the smithing tree, won't give you access to daedric weapons (no biggie for me, glass is close enough). For dual wield build, light armor will allow you to move faster, and regen stamina quicker (provided you take the perk, can't remember the name), letting you rush into battle having loads of stamina left for power attacks. However, as stated above, heavy armor with the steed stone gains you a similar effect, but I prefer the lord stone, due to the 30% magic resistance(actually it might only be 25% can't remember). But the best way to figure it out is to just play, and decide for yourself. :)

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
If you're set on wearing heavy armor and sneaking, I'd recommend starting with the Steed Stone, which gives an extra 100 units to your carrying capacity, removes the speed penalty from wearing armor, and makes worn armor weigh nothing. Otherwise, you'll have a hard time raising your Sneak skill...
Neither the Steed Stone nor the Conditioning perk affect detection of players wearing Heavy armor. The noise armor makes is based on the actual armor weight values not the modified armor weight values which is why wearing light armor will always be better for successful sneaking than wearing heavy armor. The only way to negate the louder noise that armor makes is by using the Muffle enchantment on the boots or the Muffle spell because they have a reduce noise multiplier with a magnitude of 1.0 (100%).

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Be an argonian. Go for the lover stone in markarth, all skills raise 15% fast (or mabey its 10) . And 2x1h is fine for sneak, but i recomend either two daggers or a 1h weapon in your left hand and a dagger in your right
It's 15% but the thing about The Lovers Stone is that the bonus is the same as the Lover's Comfort bonus you get from sleeping with your spouse so it wont stack with any resting bonuses. Unless you're a Lycan you're only getting a 15% bonus as opposed to the 35% bonus you could be getting from one of the Guardian Stones combined with the Lover's Comfort bonus.