Quest Help starting "Purity of Revenge"

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

nanquan

So I've read through the info about this quest here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Purity_of_Revenge

Unfortunately I'm one of the unlucky ones who can't start the quest because of the "Helm of Winterhold" side quest (which I have completed).

The above article mentions 2 solutions:

• A glitch occurs where this quest cannot be started if the player has already cleared out driftshade refuge (killed the leader). To fix this (PC):
1) wait 30 in-game days (this will respawn all enemies in driftshade refuge)
2) go to console, type 'player.setstage c05 0'

faster alternativ way:
1) go to the room behind the barred door in driftshade refuge, the corpse of the bandid leader should still be there
2) revive the leader by entering the console, klick on his corpse and then enter 'resurrect'
3) leave console, watch the leader getting revived and enter console again
4) type 'player.setstage c05 0'
5) now just kill the leader and grab the fragments laying on the table
The first way of waiting 30 in-game days takes FOREVER. So I thought I'd try the second faster way, but when I got to the room where I previously killed the Silver Hand leader in order to resurrect him, I found out the body was no longer there.

The only way I see of fixing this is to respawn him using "player.placeatme" command, but I don't know his character code.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks!!

nanquan

I tried (several times) the code 'resurrect " (0006a99c)', but got "Syntax Error. Mismatched quotes".

I also tried 'resurrect (0006a99c)', which didn't throw an error, but nothing happened either.

I also tried 'player.placeatme 0006a99c' but got "Invalid object '0006a99c' for parameter ObjectID."

What am I doing wrong? :\

nanquan

Okay, never mind, I managed to find the answer here:
(Note that may help: Ref ID of Silver Hand Leader in my game was 0006a99c. You may be able to resurrect him without looking through the entire dungeon for his body. Try typing 'prid 0006a99c' followed by 'ressurect' in console, please confirm if this worked for you). -> Confirmed.
Worked like a charm!!

TheRaveneR

I still don't know what I have to write in console... resurrect prid 0006a99c? or what? I tried many times , many different ways help plz!

Touchstone

I tried (several times) the code 'resurrect " (0006a99c)', but got "Syntax Error. Mismatched quotes".

I also tried 'resurrect (0006a99c)', which didn't throw an error, but nothing happened either.

I also tried 'player.placeatme 0006a99c' but got "Invalid object '0006a99c' for parameter ObjectID."

What am I doing wrong? :\
You're using the code wrong. ^.^

Just open the console, click their dead body, and type "resurrect". Ta-da!

Obviously, not going to work well if you can't find the body, and the placemeat may not work if they're not alive.

ETA: do you know the character's name? You may be using the wrong ID code.