• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dovaking96

Hello, I am new to the forum as a member although I have come here before for builds and to read discussions. I'm currently in need of help in building a custom PC specialized for playing Skyrim at optimal performance. I am hoping to run a lot of mods as well. However I am not very experienced with PC's or PC gaming as I have been a console for as long as I remember. I know that building a custom PC can be expensive. I currently have around $750 to pour into this but I am willing to go a little higher around the $800's if needed. I would like some feedback and recommendations as to how I should approach this. Thank you in advance.

jarif

Hello, I am new to the forum as a member although I have come here before for builds and to read discussions. I'm currently in need of help in building a custom PC specialized for playing Skyrim at optimal performance. I am hoping to run a lot of mods as well. However I am not very experienced with PC's or PC gaming as I have been a console for as long as I remember. I know that building a custom PC can be expensive. I currently have around $750 to pour into this but I am willing to go a little higher around the $800's if needed. I would like some feedback and recommendations as to how I should approach this. Thank you in advance.

Its not expensive but if thou wishes further help than help he will get.

Dovaking96

Would that PC in the link from the previous post be viable for optimal performance or should I build my own?

jarif

Would that PC in the link from the previous post be viable for optimal performance or should I build my own?

Build your own, its cheaper

jarif

here's my basic rules for a PC incase you ever build one or upgrade it

4gb (Atleast) - 8gb (recommended)
Intel i5 or AMD 6 - Above 3 Ghz
450w PSU (power supply) (atleast and its a standard for all PC gaming) or 550w (recommended) A good advice is always get one from a company like Corshair
Decent or good graphics card
320gb (atleast) or 500gb (recommended) or 1TB

Dovaking96

450w PSU (power supply) (atleast and its a standard for all PC gaming) or 550w (recommended) A good advice is always get one from a company like Corshair
Decent or

Thanks for the advice. Around how much will this cost for all recommended parts combined?

jarif

Decent or

Thanks for the advice. Around how much will this cost for all recommended parts combined?

Depends what you want. For example the PC I am building, it has good parts and are cheap. Without the accessories such as OS, monitor, keyboard, headeset ect ect. £450 or less.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts