• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Spiral Power!

Abenddrachen
Take a break and do something else. While I've done each skyrim playthrough all-at-once, after I've beat it I take a long break and do something else. I played lots of games and they were all great, and after beating them skyrim felt fresh again : )

If you liked skyrim a lot and want to try a more challenging fantasy game, I'd look into Dark Souls. It's completely different than skyrim, but its probably the best game I've played while taking breaks from skyrim, now I kind of switch between them for playthroughs depending on my mood. But don't think about this one if you are getting it on PC and don't have a controller.

Saints Row the Third was way too much fun, especially if you have a friend or two to play it with.

If you want to try something totally different on the PC that's pretty cheap and you have an open mind, I'd try Ys: the Oath in Felghana. I thought it would be so lame, but I was totally blown away by how ridiculously fun it was. Again though, I wouldn't play it without a controller.

I think steam is still having a sale on Assassin's Creed series, all four games for something like $35, which is an epic deal.

Another great fantasy game (thats surprisingly never heard of) is Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga, its a really long and deep RPG, I'd recommend it just for being able to turn into a dragon.

And if you are still bored or don't want to spend money, there's F2P mmorpgs, or WoW is free now up to level 20 (which is more than high level enough if you want to just RP with other players, or just chat or something)

And if you are STILL bored, ever tried emulating? You'd be surprised at how many last gen games are incredibly good *coughvalkyrieprofile2cough*

The options are limitless, but the basic idea is to just take a break.

Red5

I would agree with a few others. Take a break and play something else for a minute. Worked for me.

Being an avid fan of Game of Thrones, I decided to purchase and play that game. About halfway through I realized how terrible that game was, and I came back to Skyrim for my second play through; hence my return to the forum. ;)

On this second play through, I decided to get completely out of my warrior/battle mage comfort zone, and went sneak/assassin. I'm sure at some point I'm going to change back to my powerhouse self, but in the meantime it has made the game very different and new to me. I am sure with over 300 hours, you've gotten to see many more of the different aspects of different builds, but I'm sure there's something left to do.

I am still looking forward to a game of destroying everything and everyone.... probably more as a late game escapade.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Role play.. Something I'm not familiar with. Perhaps I will try it. Not sure I know what to do!

Just to actually help with your attempted role play. Uses some of the character card help that the give, I will help establish your characters attributes and personality when you play the game. It can help define why you are doing certain quests and avoiding others, help define your random actions. (e.g. IM A THALMOR!!! *kills the Talos priest in Whiterun*)

Give the BIGwooly restictions a try. They're kinda hard to stick to, but they breath new life and immersion into the game. It kept me going for an extra 3 or 4 months.

daTomoT

I am the Listener..of your screams.
Morrowind seems so complex though. o_O

SprSynJn

Man, I wish I could be bored of this game. Then I could move on to others that I have waiting. :p

Might I suggest actually trying another game, and then coming back at a later date? Might do the trick. Just a short cheap one even.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
You have to put the game away. That's what I did a few months ago. I picked up a copy of Batman Arkham City GOTY edition. Yesterday I got WWE 13. Don't force yourself to play.

daTomoT

I'm an hour into Morrowind. Berkhaus the orc is a fighter's guild apprentice.

daTomoT

Really :eek: How about you go and make a thread elsewhere :rolleyes: about how much you hate people that haven't played all of TES :pinkdragon: games and find them all a doddle :cowboy:. Because I too am sick :vomit:of your type in.. life, to be honest. :D You've contributed five posts to this forum :sadface: and guess what? You have five negative ratings. Cheers, now with my utmost respect, leave my thread. :beermug:

daTomoT

I still think you deserve the rep; it was a good response. Thanks!

Try other games *gasp* I know blasphamy but taking a break and playing other games...."

I recommend Dragon's Dogma. I got burned out on Skyrim too. I am actually about to start playing it again. This girl I know that works at Game Stop recommended Dragon's Dogma with a disclaimer of "Don't go into it think it's a Skyrim replacement or you will be disappointed." Twas good advice because I love it!! I've played the hack out of it, it has no bugs and tons of DLC with a huge expansion due in 2 1/2 months. It's got crafting, awesome fighting and a vast map. You create your own sidekick and he or she is used by other players who gift you for using them plus you get special points.
It's no Skyrim but it's definitely filled the void while I took a break from Skyrim.

Bluebaron

Hi all,

I've been getting sort of bored of Skyrim lately. I've racked 343 hours, finished the game a few times, completed all guilds, both civil war sides etc. I've completed Vampire Dawnguard, and am working through the good side of it. However, Skyrim is finally losing it's touch for me. I don't want to stop playing: I love it. What can I do that'll bring my love back for the game? I've set off a rags-to-riches file, but it's too easy. Wake up, eat breakfast, hunt game, make leather armour, sell for profit.

I know some of you may say 'mods', but make sure you suggest good ones. A great 10 hour questline would be appreciated. What shall I do?

~daT.
I can sympathize with you I too am starting to suffer skyrim burnout of some sort . I only play with one character on my xbox 360 I am at level 65 currently and leveling up has become slow and a chore . I have discovered all the places on the map completed all quests from dawngard and hearthfire as well . I am waiting for the next dlc like everybody else on these forums . I have to level up using magic now since using weapons wont get me no where except archery which I am not fond of in the first place . I will probably take a break from skyrim soon to rekindle my interest in the game alot of my friends on xbox live who have skyrim have done the same and moved on to other games when they got bored . I have played so long I have accumalted over 4 1/2 million in gold septims . I have one rich khajiit warrior in skyrim . I am a older gamer and do not have the strength nor the patience to start a new character it took me forever just to get this far . Bottom line dont feel bad getting bored if you do something long enough you will eventually lose some interest along the way .

Suleku

The Grey Knight
You are definitely not Role-Playing.
In my opinion those who don't doesn't deserve to play any TES game.

obvious-troll-is-obvious_48606.jpg

Ain't no other way around that part... *laughs* If dude was smart enough. He should know not everyone is into Rping but guess they never learn lol

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
Turn off the game console/PC and go outside.

King o' the Britains

Supreme Commander of Elite Awesomeness
Turn off the game console/PC and go outside.
hissssss. but if your bored, you could go outside or, like, go to walmart or something. i usually just turn it to tv

Spiral Power!

Abenddrachen
This may sound kind of silly, but I recently started playing Skyrim again (been like 4 months) and I couldn't find the magical feeling that made me want to continue.

But for some reason I started an illusion assassin character, and things got a lot funner. But there was something about it that felt empty. When I was playing my hulking juggernaught character, the benefit of playing it was that I felt like an epic beast who would end fights very quickly. Since playing a stealth character is obviously slower, I couldn't find the trade off, because I was doing the same thing but it felt as if it were taking a lot longer.

Then I found a mod that let me add custom sneak music, to which I instantly added those really ambient and lost-in-time tracks from Assassin's Creed (the first game). I've always been fond of the soundtracks of that series, but AC1 felt like its music wasn't just music, it felt like it was a sound effect generated by the animus (thats what I always felt it was).

After adding that really low, ambient, creepy music, sneaking feels really, really epic now. I'm not sure why.

Vspin101

I agree with a lot of the other people saying to take a break. I too got bored of Skyrim, and put the game away for like 3-4 months, and played other games. Then i started looking at different builds and classes to role pay with, i even tried a sneak/assassin type character which i rarely play. Here's a cool website:
Legendary Builds - The Skyrim Blog

And at least there is a new dlc coming out :)