Heavy Armor versus Light Armor (Poll Included)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which do you prefer more?

• Heavy Armor

Votes: 34 53.1%
  • Light Armor

Votes: 30 46.9%

• Total voters

Metallipath

Premium Member
Negates the entire Heavy Armor tree as well, which I unfortunately maxed on my first char. Bah.

When I play my Heavy Armour character I pretend Light Armour doesn't exist, haha. I admit it's a little bit of a let down to have to roleplay in my mind that Light Armour is meant for agile/stealthy characters. It's probably best not to even mention that agile characters don't exist. /oops! =)

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
When I play my Heavy Armour character I pretend Light Armour doesn't exist, haha. I admit it's a little bit of a let down to have to roleplay in my mind that Light Armour is meant for agile/stealthy characters. It's probably best not to even mention that agile characters don't exist. /oops! =)
Haha yeah. I mean technically, give my given perks (and preferred method of play) this character should be wearing light armor, but I wanted to be different, and wear heavy armor with a stealthy ranged-assassin. With the perks and enchants available, it doesn't affect my sneaking at all, and when I get deep in the poop I still have armor. Of course, that was before I knew the armor cap was so low at 567, but oh well. :) Still made it over 1100 armor... :3

Hunter13Zero

Until next time, keep on gamin' on!
My first play through is a Khajiit, Thief. Before I got to the Thieves Guild, I was wearing nothing but heavy armor because I though it looked cool. When I finally got the Thieves armor (not Nightingale, yet..) I decided I should probably stick with the light armor. I guess once you decide if you're going to be an all out warrior or not, then you should decide what armor type you play with. Just my opinion though. :)

Hilmir

I'm playing a Nord Barbarian. Using Light Armour, he's based on a Conan sort of character, so Light Armour made sense to me, and I use a 2-handed Greatsword which look AMAZING with Stormcloak Armour aswel.. With the Wind Walker perk, the 50% faster Stamina regeneration does wonders for my Greatsword power attacks! As you can reach the defence cap with Light, I don't feel like I'm weaker than if I used Heavy so that's good to know.
I also personally prefer the look of Light Armour, and as I'm a Stormcloak aswel, the standard and Officer armour is Light so another reason for me to use Light :)

Beigarth the Horrible

Destroyer of Worlds
Right now Im using magical Orcish armor with a mask that wards off disease and poisoning and has a 50 defense. No shield because I primarily carry an ebony greatsword that has been upgraded on the grindstone. I am trying to level up enough to get the heavy armor perk that makes heavy armor weightless and unhindering....then I will be in business.

brandon

i liked the look of the glass armor in this game it almost looks alive the way light changes its colors. but then i saw the first set of dragonscale and was like fu@^ glass this is me. havent seen nightingale yet though. and at level 41 my armor rating is right at 500 plus or minus about 10 points depending on a neclace i made. but my wife is wearing ebony at lvl 37 and her armor rating is like way behind mine.plus i like to sneak till i get my weapon dam up now its at 160ish with axe mace combo

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
wow teh votes are close in this thread! impressive, I expected Heavy Armor to be on the landslide due to the newly designed Daedric, Ebony and such.

Theoden

If you invest in Heavy Armor and get the conditioning perk and disenchant something with muffle and enchant your Ebony boots with muffle and also get the Stealth Ebony Mail that also releases poison when an enemy is near, that rules.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
For practicality, I much prefer light armor. I'm a natural stealth player, so light armor is my best friend. The ability to move faster is very valuable, too; I'm having a hell of a time getting used to the slow jog you have with heavy armor with my current Nord warrior.

However, in general I think heavy armor looks better. I've very often been disappointed that I had to pass up on sexy armor because it was heavy, and my character only used light. The one exception is Thieves Guild armor, which I think is the coolest-looking outfit in the game. I freaking love that hood.

xaraan

For practicality, I much prefer light armor. I'm a natural stealth player, so light armor is my best friend. The ability to move faster is very valuable, too; I'm having a hell of a time getting used to the slow jog you have with heavy armor with my current Nord warrior.

However, in general I think heavy armor looks better. I've very often been disappointed that I had to pass up on sexy armor because it was heavy, and my character only used light. The one exception is Thieves Guild armor, which I think is the coolest-looking outfit in the game. I freaking love that hood.

I have to agree that until you get the perk for heavy armor weighing nothing and not slowing you down it's hell going from light armor to that at first.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I have to agree that until you get the perk for heavy armor weighing nothing and not slowing you down it's hell going from light armor to that at first.

I've been wearing plain clothes while not in battle to make it easier on myself. Really no reason to be weighed down by steel armor while doing business in Whiterun!

koldfront kraig

Light armor for me.

I know about the armor cap, but I'm obsessed with smithing my armor as high as I can get it.

So far Ive got my glass armor up to 1432. Smithing potions are at 147% and smithing gear is at 29%.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I prefer heavy armor, but I think light armor has a few better designs (Thieves/Guild Master, Nightingale, and the Penitus Oculatus armors are some of my favorite designs).

With my current character I have the full set of Iron Armor (torso, gauntlets, boots) mainly because I think it looks really good on a female Dunmer with long black hair who is a Companion so I guess what I am trying to say it usually varies for every character I create.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts