Heavy Armor versus Light Armor (Poll Included)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which do you prefer more?

• Heavy Armor

Votes: 34 53.1%
  • Light Armor

Votes: 30 46.9%

• Total voters

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
Heavy Armor just makes sense. You might take longer to get to your destination and you might have less inventory space but dude you get through dungeons quicker, you can stand your ground against bosses and it makes you feel like the badass dovahkiin your suppose to be through sheer durability. I made a new light armor character and I like the change of pace so don't rule it out. I just hate looking at a situation from a distance, aiming my bow, and afraid to take the shot because its likely that I will die.

Heroes don't lurk in the shadows :D

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Right, I mean thankfully End game is even all teh way involving which armor you pick, with max Armor Rating perks, Dragonscale from Light Armor is like 5-10% Armor Rating close to Heavy Armor (Without Shields).

Lilfish43

I myself use Light Armor because I use a bow. I use a Elf bow or Elf Sword and Shield. Stormcloak Officer Armor (Superior) is the best I have so far Level 23

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I prefer light-armor. Sure, it doesn't protect me from the elements as much as heavy armor but I love the freedom. I jump around to dodge enemy attacks and I always sneak through any dungeon. Heavy armor is for wimps afraid of REAL danger. Or at least, my character believes so.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Heavy Armor at lower levels aren't that all protective, I mean endless times I've seen NPC's with heavy armor get flung by giants and mauled by Skeevers (lol)

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Yet again, thats low levels.

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Funny the way people think differently about what others do. I chose to be a ranged assassin who wears heavy armor because I didn't think many if any people would do this. I love both heavy and light armor. I wore mostly light armor for a lot of the game, until I started being able able to craft my own ebony and eventually daedric and dragonplate. Then I finally decided to perk out HA. That being said, those who said dragonscale eventually matches at least ebony or daedric; once you get around 1100+ armor let me know (assuming you perked out light armor vs a perked out heavy armor set...)

That being said, I try to wear sets, mostly my own crafted for specific uses. 1h, 2h, archery, etc. When sneaking around the shrouded, thief armor, guild master armor, and of course nightngale come out. I love it all! :)

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
The cap for armor rating in the game is 567 for 80% damage reduction, anymore is just for sho :p

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Uesp.net

is the ultimate site for people to nerd up on about TES to find the ways to get what you exactly need etc etc.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
In Oblivion, you'll noticed if you enchant shield alot, the max is 80% physical damage reduction, that being said and Skyrim using Marrowind's armor rating, marrowind's cap was like 600 something for max damage reduction, then in skyrim it was confirmed for 567 for 80% dmg reduction for physical. so that being added, that means you'll have more room to get resistance to magic on so you can be set for master difficulty mode.

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
In Oblivion, you'll noticed if you enchant shield alot, the max is 80% physical damage reduction, that being said and Skyrim using Marrowind's armor rating, marrowind's cap was like 600 something for max damage reduction, then in skyrim it was confirmed for 567 for 80% dmg reduction for physical. so that being added, that means you'll have more room to get resistance to magic on so you can be set for master difficulty mode.
Eh, master is a joke once you get 50+. From what I can tell most if not all mobs max out at 44 or so. They stay about 10 levels above you until they hit 44, then you creep up on and surpass them. So at 76 I'm really not finding any difficulty in surviving, even on Master. I'm probably almost always defense capped, as that cap is pretty low. I wish it was higher, or there was diminishing returns on defense over cap.

wheato

Premium Member
I'm all for heavy armor. Real men (and orcs) wear heavy armor! :p Seriously though, I've never even tried light armor and am unsure what benifit a crazy sod who runs into fights looking to hack and slash everything down would get from it.

Fylkra

I was using heavy armor until I tried light with my 2-H hammer. The reduction in Stamina cost for attacks is crazy. I can basically do 3 heavy attacks in row now and my stamina regeneration allows me to do it again. I am not a big fan of the light armor honestly but with a decent block skill (quick reflexes FTW) and that stamina regen you are one mean bastard. I'm playing on Master Difficulty BTW.

BlackRat

My second character is an axe wielding orc, wearing fur armour. The "no upper body" stuff... he does JUST fine rushing in and beating the hell outta stuff. But hey, he's an Orc Barbarian. Why would he wear shiny metal stuff?

SaveVsBedWet

Heavy Armor at lower levels aren't that all protective, I mean endless times I've seen NPC's with heavy armor get flung by giants and mauled by Skeevers (lol)

Ya, I thought I saw you. And then you took off! Was that net I was planning to land in just gonna hold itself open?!

Metallipath

Premium Member
For a warrior class I always go with Heavy Armour. It feels more appropriate, and some of the sets in Skyrim are absolutely beautiful.

Gameplay wise I hear that it's very easy to get Light Armour to reach the armour level cap. That's a little disappointing because in a gameplay sense that negates the benefits of Heavy Armour, and the drawbacks of Light Armour. Then again it's a totally singleplayer experience so it doesn't affect anyone else but your own character.

I voted Heavy Armour anyway, =P.